Lumpy or soupy pancake batter?

I love my pancakes! In fact, I have nomminated every weekend to be my version of National Pancake Day. I usually make the pancake batter very thick and lumpy, for I like fluffy, thick pancakes. Yet I hear it is not so good to stir the pancake batter too much. Today I am going to try something a little different to see how my pancakes will turn out, I am going to add a little bit more liquid to my pancake batter in the hopes of having a few more pancakes. I doubt this will work, because the extra liquid might make my pancakes more soupy and it will only increase the volume and dilute the pancake batter. I thought I'd give it a try anyways! Do you prefer lumpy or soupy pancakes?
@xParanoiax (6998)
I try to walk the line between too lumpy and too smooth, myself. Because if I'm not careful, the lumps're powder that you'll find when you bite into 'em! And too smooth equals not that soft, and I adore soft pancakes. So... Yeah. Fine line. Depends on your recipe though, my favorite recipe uses alot of baking powder...which makes the batter mostly take care of itself -- it has to rest and rise before I start putting some on the pan! I've yet to find a method or recipe that makes pancakes as fluffy and perfect as I want them, but my current recipe's pretty yummy...so it's cool. ^_^
@danitykane (3192)
hi towongfoo27, wow! National Pancake Day! I love pancakes! I like thick pancakes and I sometimes like soft and light fluffy pancakes. I'm not good in doing pancakes, hotcakes, waffles and baking ~ in short, I'm not a great cook nor a good one. Haha! Are you a chef or a baker ~ or sumthin'? lolz I like my pancake with some fresh fruits in it like strawberries.
@ElicBxn (60894)
well, Maggie says I make pretty good pancakes, but honestly, I like them made by someone else....
@yresh12 (3219)
GOOD LUCK in your experiment. I like pancakes to. I like it when its soft and lumpy and sweet.We like to eat this sometimes and I also love cooking it too..