Is crying a weakness?

@ellebj (784)
Some say, when you cry you are weak. others may say that crying is not a weakness.. these two sentences contradicts each other.. in your opinion, what does crying tell you?
@ladym33 (11009)
I don't think it is a weakness. I think it is a normal human emotion, and if someone has never cried then they are likely a cold person. I think it can appear as a weakness if someone does it all the time or uses it to get their way or something, but in other times I think it takes a lot of bravery to cry. I am a very sensitive person, but I don't think that I am a weak person. I just feel a lot for people.
@ellebj (784)
i agree with, crying is indeed an emotion... it is one way of expressing, but sometimes, too much crying tells you are weak as people had stated.. maybe, it is imposed in our society that crying is a weakness that makes things more complicated on expressing our emotions.. as a psych student, i can tell, that too much crying is indeed a weakness, for it stresses depression.. and depression is not good for one's health.. on the other hand, not to cry at all means that you are a cold person, a person that is insensitive and numb..
Yes it is horrible weakness that to crying infront of some other people is too horrible you better stop crying pls my friend
@ellebj (784)
owh... hehe.. im not crying now.. i only cry when i'm in pain.. crying is a weakness when you're in front of other people? what if you only want to express your emotions? what if, you do not beg as you cry for something..? is it still a weakness?
@reneezoso (393)
well crying is kinda one of the weakest thing to have in...well crying for absolutelt no purpose is weird . . it tells you are a weak person .. and that is real bad . . . so dont worry...
@esjosh (915)
Crying for no matter is worse. Crying for every matter is definitely is a weakness. One must control the tears to flow at least against the strangers....
@JoyfulOne (6243)
I think crying is a necessary human emotion and not a always a weakness. I'm not talking about crying over everything, but tears are natures way of giving 'release' to pent up emotions. I don't often cry in public, though sometimes I do if I'm really physically hurt. Of course in some ways it might be a weakness, if tears are shed constantly over every little hurt whether it's a mental hurt or a physical one. The person who cries over everything all the time might be seen as over-sensitive and not in total control over their emotions. Still, tears shed over the loss of a friend, loss of a job, etc, just means that person is human. You cry, you get over it, you don't and it's bottled up inside.
@smileonstar (4014)
HI, I dont think so... crying is just some expression that could tell two ways, one is sadness and what is too happy about something. It is not weakness, it is an expression... Usually, it could tell someone about how u really feel about something... and u can say it out. It is depend on how u want to put it