Crisis Averted

My mom has lived in the same house for twenty-one years, and the furnas that came with the house is still working fortunately. She happened to notice this morning that the blower on her furnace wasn't working, so she called up the furnace repair man. she was all worried because she thought she might have to close down her licensed daycare, on the first day that a new client is dropping off her child, due to an broken furnace. now I don't know much about furnaces, but the guy that came over to fix only charged her $125.00 dollars to stick a screw-driver in it somewhere, as compared to having to open up the store to get a part from it. He said that she needs some kind of stick, but I have little idea what that means. He also said my mom will have to replace it soon, but it could cost her upwards of $1,400.00 dollars (cheap?). My mom is relieved, for she has heat now, and she doesn't have to pay out of pocket for a new furnace (at least not yet.) Whew! I am glad I have electric heat in my apartment, and don't have to worry about it, but when I purchase my first home someday, I just thought it might be a good idea to know more about furnaces.
@vine88 (1038)
You are talking about you and your family in every questions. It seems that i know every thing of your life and your family.You share your life feelings.. nice to hear your life's real story. I think you can choose others questions. Please don't hate me if i say so. Please don't flash your personal life to every one.