Delicious High Fibre Breakfast

@EvrWonder (3577)
Do you eat breakfast regularly? MOTTO: Feel Good with Northern Gold Muesli! and I do. I used to mix my own whole grains and seeds for a delicious early morning breakfast but with Northern Gold Muesli, now I don't have too. A 700g bag is only $3.99 and most delicious. Made with 100% non-hydrogenated oil, almonds, sunflower seeds,flax seeds, sesame seeds, dates, raisins, whole grain oats, whole wheat, whole grain barley, and whole grain rye. A great source of high fiber. Best for a great breakfast but sometimes, I can't help myself and have as a snack. I make a 1/3 of a cup at a time, for myself, while my pup has a palm full of straight oats, simmered to perfection, served tossed with her favorite natural peanut butter. Gets us both off to a good start for a long hard play day. The Muesli is a mere 105 calories per 1/3 of a cup too. Awesome for my diet :D Plus 3.5 grams of protein. I used to mix my own whole grains and seeds for a delicious early morning breakfast but with Northern Gold Muesli, now I don't have too. A 700g bag is only $3.99. Check it out here: http://www.northerngold.com/cdnmuesli.html have you ever came across such a delicious &healthy food, for breakfast that you just had to tell someone about? What? What does your breakfast usually consist of?
@towongfoo27 (2989)
Oh, your breakfast sounds so yummy and nutritious! I have never tried muesli, but now want to. I usually have bran flakes or oatmeal. Yet tomorrow when I go grocery shopping, I will definitely be looking for some muesli. I like cereal that has a high fiber content. Yet I think bran has a higher fiber content, although I cannot be too sure. I also like breakfast foods that are low in sugar and fat, and high in fiber and protein. How many ounces is 700g? Is it at least 12 ounces? I just won't pay almost $4.00 dollars for a tiny box (or bag) of cereal though. My breakfast usually consists of a whole grain, a fruit, and a lean protein.
@EvrWonder (3577)
IT is good! I love the additional seeds with the raisins and dates. I do not eat it with any milk or anything except maybe a little cinnamon but also a tablespoon of essential oils, which is a mixture of seed oils. Oh and I also keep my muesli in the fridge. I also found the exact same mixture of Muesli in the bulk food department of another store as well so if you can't find it on the shelf, check the bulk food department. 700 grams is equal to 24.60 ounces. re: http://www.metric-conversions.org/cgi-bin/util/conversion-chart.cgi?type=5&from=3&to=15 Bran is an awesome source of fiber and love it. Although since I am and have been on a diet since one week before Christmas and am loosing weight :D, I am not eating bran because I have to have it in milk. No milk for me right now. Only yogurt. Good point about the fiber content of both bran flakes and oatmeal. I would guess that oatmeal has the higher fiber content. That is simmering whole oats. Not quick oats or an instant oatmeal type breakfast cereal. I am talking whole food. According to this list: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-fiber-foods/NU00582 It is said that Bran Flakes has more fiber. Go figure! Same with this (better) list. Interesting. Thanks a bunch for your response. Glad you think that this breakfast could be useful to you and your diet as well. It is So Good! Hope that you enjoy. If you get it and try it, let me know what you think okay? I am almost positive that you are going to really enjoy it, a lot. As for the price, I find it well worth it. The bag is a medium size. Mine lasts for just over one month it seems. Haven't really kept track but certainly not less frequent than that and I eat it pretty much every morning. I measure 1/3 cup and cook it. Thank you for response.
@EvrWonder (3577)
The Better List of Fiber Content: http://www.tufts.edu/med/nutrition-infection/hiv/health_fiber.html
@EvrWonder (3577)
Hi towongfoo27; Were you able to get some Muesli? If so, what did you think?
@hmkoct5 (2067)
Most days, I sleep right past breakfast. I know that is bad for me. I need to quit doing that. When I do eat breakfast, I usually eat Raisin Bran and drink orange juice. If I don't have Raisin Bran, I eat Mini Wheats. I like to have fiber for breakfast. It keeps you full longer. Your breakfast is very healthy. Maybe I will give it a try.
@EvrWonder (3577)
Yes do give it a try. Likely, just the thought of it for breakfast will have you up earlier :D It is very yummy. The oats will keep you feeling full longer too. Whole grains usually do. Definitely worth picking up. Store in the fridge. delicious!
@savypat (20247)
I am going to look for that product. Like you I make my own with rolled oats, seeds, dry and fresh fruit. This product could save me time. Thanks
@EvrWonder (3577)
YOu are most Welcome Pat. It does save time. I will vouch for that. Super convenient. I just toss the muesli in the pot of boil water, prop the lid on the pop and turn to about 1.5 and by the time the shower is done, so is my breakfast. Plus, it is So Good! I love the date pieces and almonds. Highly recommended, that's for sure. Hope that you are able to find so to enjoy.