What do you think is the real quality of life?

China
What is the quality of life?Someone thinks that quality of life equals to big house,luxury car,steady job with high salary,carefree life.Others think that the quality of life means lofty ideals,ambition,the process of continual self-break and self realization,even though they just have adequate food and clothing. In front of flashy and showy reality,what do you think is the real quality of life? Pursuing the fame and money,focusing on the result,or ceaselessly striving and focusing on the process? We want your opinions.
@machivado (529)
Self realization would be close to it. I have been told that some people who have achieved his/her self realization, the fame and fortune follow them, but oddly enough, they won't care too much about it anymore as those won't satisfied them anymore. I think self realization is something we're trying to do everyday and yet, not all of us may achieve it in this life.
i believe the real quality of life is entelligence, what does money do for you if you dont have the etelligence to manage it succesfully. yea you can buy a nice huge house and good cars but if you keep spending, you will hit ground zero.
@jambi462 (4598)
I would easily take the latter of the choices that you mentioned. I think that life should be spent connecting to the beautiful people that you are introduced to in your life. All this trying to earn money and working for a good fraction of our lives takes time away from us that we could be spending trying to find better ways to improve general life overall. It also takes time away from us that we could be spending with our families and friends. These dreams of fame and all those fancy possessions are causing us to have to work harder to be able to afford things and it feels like people are starting to be less and less connected. I don't really know what the meaning or purpose of life is and maybe we are all supposed to find our own meaning but I know that we only have so much time with the ones we love and I'm going to try and hold on as long as I can.
It is all about what you do with your life and how you live it. Material things come and go.
@tpaz11 (76)
Well I think the real quality of life is to be happy, don't hold yourself down, and do what God sent you on Earth to do and express that you are God-like and love everyone like God has.
@primeaque86 (8112)
If have to set a criteria for the measure of quality of life, there must be a two set for two different people. BIG HOUSE, LUXURIES, SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF MONEY, EXPENSIVE BELONGINGS is one. CLEAN CONSCIENCE, HEALTHY BODY AND MIND, MORE FAITH TO GOD is the other. Many people have various perceptions how to measure and qualify the quality of life, and those are mine. Worldly people believe that the first is the quality of life. The second kind of people who do believe that life is a preparation of eternity, thus all things here are temporary and are not lasting, would choose the second. But I do not know how many people belong to the second, I do not know if they are outnumbered by the first... perhaps others are breed, who now both believe on the two...
@Genericbe (1378)
In my opinion, the real quality of life is being able to enjoy life with the people around me, who are able to support me in my endeavors, understand and carry me through a betterment of life has to offer. Quality of life for me is a life that give me so many meaningful experiences. The foundation of my existence that lead me to a much better person. The essence of being able to share my life with others and being able to perform my role as a person, friend, a family and a believer of God. Quality of life for me is covered with memorable experiences I cannot forget in my existence. It is not the luxury of life as to material wants. But, the luxury of having great people around me. That, will serve as my inspiration and guide as I way go in my life that leave a symbolic meaning for my fulfillment and be carried to my coming generation.
real quality of life is being contented on what you have no matter how small nor big you have. but its so nice to have a good life if you have stable job and regular income, have a simple yet happy family of your own, a loving husband and nice and smart kids and of course a healthy life for the whole family without any worries about the next day. as long s your happy doing something then its already enough even if you dont have millions.