A good sleep at night......?

@udayrao2 (782)
How would you describe a very good sleep at night? For me it would mean feeling refreshed & completely rested, relaxed & feeling good the next morning. Though some would mean a sleep with good dreams,or without any dreams at all, or a long unbroken restful sleep, or any other parameter. How would you measure your 'good sleep'??
• Slovak Republic
A goodnight sleep for me is that when I wake up in the morning I feel full of energy. Not tired from the last days work, but strong for the day ahead. If I don't wake up in the middle of the night even once, then I have had my goodnight sleep.
@myzire72 (1157)
To me, it's not the quantity of sleep hours I have, it's the quality of the sleep that matters most. By quality, I mean when I wake up from the sleep, I feel so refresh that I would just get out of bed, with eyes wide open, and a smile on my face. I have experienced this a few times before, but unfortunately, this is far too less than the number of restless sleeps that I have. Could it be that a restful and restoring sleep has become a luxury in our present daily lives?
i think i would also agree that a good sleep means an unbroken sleep where you do not get up any time in between. at the same time, it is also important that you feel refreshed and active when you get up in the morning. a sleep which does not leave you refreshed does not not count as a good sleep either. hence, i would mark these two as important.
@towongfoo27 (2989)
I measure a good sleep by the amount of hours slept, and lack of interuptions during the night. I hate it when someone calls me after I go to sleep. Yet I tend to toss and turn sometimes, because of the pressure on one side of the body when sleeping on that side. So Ihave to wake up and turn to the other side. also there is a train in my neighborhhod that I can set my alarm clock too. It tends to bother me in the middle of the night, and wakes me up every morning. Yet a good sleep is not necessarily in the amount of hours we sleep, for everydobdy is different. What works for me, may not work for you in the amount of hours slept. I also think a person has to be comfortable in their surroundingg and in their bed, for that plays a role. In addition, removing ditractions before sleeping also helps, while not eating or drinking too soon before bed.
@kaylayoe (295)
A good sleep is when you fall asleep easily and have peaceful dreams or none at all. When you wake up your wide awake, relaxed, refreshed and in a good mood. I wouldn't even mind going to school if I didn't have to wake up at 5 AM. With school I have no time in a day to do anything. Wake up at 5 be to school by 7 get out at 3:30 then homework for awhile eat dinner exercise and then I have to go to bed to get any sleep! It sucks because I never get a good sleep on the week days.