Got part of my tax refund! Yeah!

I am so happy! Today I was walking to the local post office, only to discover I had gotten in my mail part of tax refund from the state. Yeah! It isn't much, but all the same it makes me happy. I didn't really expect my refund to come so soon, given I had just electronically filed my taxes less than 2 weeks ago. That was fast! and thanks to the free tax service provided by Aarp, I am a little richer! This has taugght me that in the case of tax refunds, electronically filing them is much faster than the old fashion way of paper!
@cream97 (29169)
Yes, filing them electronically is faster, I agree. This year, my husband, had his check delivered by paper check. The lady whom did his taxes gave it to him like this. I don't know when he filed his taxes. He had his tax return back about three weeks ago. I wonder if he will be getting a check from the state too, since he has already gotten his federal check. I am glad that you have some money. Now, go and enjoy yourself some!
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
We had my hubby's parents file ours and we got it direct deposited. They paid the fee for federal to be direct deposited so we didn't have to. In any case, we got it back about a week ago I'd say if not more. I think it took about half a month, if not less for it to come back for us.
@cher913 (25893)
we typically efile our taxes here where i am in canada and you are right, they often come way faster than filing it at the tax office or snail mail. also, they put the money right into your bank account!