How do you get ride of extra skin?

Okay, I have lost a lot of weight, but now am dealing with the extra sagging skin from the ordeal. I guess it doesn't help that I also have stretch marks from when I was big. It just gets on my nerves, for I thought the skin would automatically shrink back to its normal size after losing weight. How do you get rid of the extra skin after losing weight? I don't want to buy creams for it, for I don't beileve that will help a whole lot. I'd rather just exercise more, but I already do everyday! I guess it is time to tone up as well?
@besthope44 (12145)
It’s a good idea to have an idea of the calories that most food items have. If it is a packed thing then the label is sure to have the calories that the substance has.
@charblaize (1030)
NO, the extra skin stays with especially if you had the gastro/bypass surgery or lost weight fast. My sister in law and others had the surgery and the only way they can get rid of the excess skin is surgery and most insurances don't pay for the "cosmetic" surgery. Creams and lotions may help alittle but won't give you the look or outcome you desire. I would still keep exercising and toning for that is always good for your body and mind.
mmm..don't worry..a lot of excerize and sacrify..that's all..if one of those 2 is missing than bye bye no extra skin..
@lexx87 (1711)
• Mexico
did u work out ? what part of ur body do u have ur extra skin , because if u got it from arms u can work out and gain muscle! But if that skin is from ur abs you will need surgery .
@LaurenInLA (2272)
How much weight did you lose? If you lost a significant amount of weight you may have to have it surgically removed. If you've ever seen The Biggest Loser a number of those people have had to have surgery to remove skin. I don't think that creams will help you. I would try weight training and see if that will work.
@goldeneagle (6775)
If it gets too bad, you have to have surgery to have it removed...I want to have liposuction myself LOL
@ronaldinu (12440)
• Malta
It depends on the amount of extra skin that you have. I don't believe that creams and lotions will serve your cause either. I believe that healthy diet and exercise must be the key to your problem. However if you don't manage to get rid of the extra skin, an operation might be needed. The surgery – often called “body contouring” – can be necessary. It is advisable when there is the risk of skin infection.
hi, creams won't work on extra sagging skin. what you could do is work it out and perhaps a trip to the doctor's office would help as long as it does not involve any type of procedure. for stretch marks i'm sorry to say that ones you have it , it won't go away especially when they turn dark. no amount of stretch mark remover would erase that. but what you could do if they are dark is to lighten it up,applying olive oil to the area every night helps in some cases.