Grape Seed, Olive, Flax or Canola?

I know how to cook with Canola oil, but am wondering more about grape seed, flax, and Olive oil. I love to cook with olive oil, too. Yet it is pretty fattening, even if they say it is healthier. I have enver tried flax seed oil or gradpe seed oil though, and am curious as to the benefits. I wonder which oil is healthier, as to overall health benefits, and which oil I can cook with. I hear olive oil burns quicker, too. Which oil do you cook with or like because of health benefits? I wonder what recipe I can grape seed oil in too, as well as flax seed oil. That would be interesting to try.
@ElicBxn (60771)
oil is oil doesn't matter what kind of oil, it all has the same calories and pretty much has the same temperature requirements... so, if you want to use olive - go for it Canola is a rape seed oil, and if you've seen that scam about rape seed being bad - well, its just that, another internet scam there are minor differences in the various oils - but at least with olive oil you have thousands of years history saying its pretty healthy for ya...
@cream97 (29169)
I usually will cook with Canola Oil. It helps in reversing the effects of Heart Disease. I have never used Grape or flax oil. I have seen flax seeds before. And by the way it is also a color too. I use Olive oil too. I use Extra Virgin oil. But that is only every now and then. I have used olive oil for healing and to put in my spaghetti noodles to give it some moisture.
@LaurenInLA (2272)
All oils are high in fat but olive oil and flaxseed oil are very good for you. I use olive oil to cook with and in salad dressings. Flaxseed oil shouldn't be heated. I believe that it affects the taste so use it in salad dressings. Haven't really heard much about grape seed oil.
• Marion, Kansas
All oils contain the same amount of calories per gram or ounce. It is just a matter of what you prefer. Olive oil is no more fattening than any other oil. I use olive oil a lot. I also use canola. They both have the same benefits for your heart. They are high in Omega 3's. I do not know anything about grape seed oil. Flax seed oil is good in salad dressings, etc. It is not at its best when it is heated. You want to use it in places where the recipe is not heated.
I love olive oil for most cooking...for frying though go with regular cooking oil or it will taste bad.