The Romance We Call Newt Gingrich

@gewcew23 (8011)
At the CPAC straw poll there was a candidate that just will not go away and his name is Newt Gingrich. I have never understood the obsession some have with the former Speaker of the House. How many times has someone suggested that Newt should run for President? There was the possibility of 96, 2000, 2008, and still 2012. Heck if Newt is still alive in 2028 their will me some political commentator that will suggest that maybe just maybe this will be the year that Newt will run for President. I have finally come up with a reason so many dream of Newt, Newt is that person back in high school that would not give you the time of the day, yet you desired them even more. The problem is when you look back at your love interest you realize that person was not that attractive in the first place. Newt is that person, you would pull your hair out if Newt was your Presidential candidate, but as long as he wont run for the job, he will be your dreamboat. I will be shocked if there is not at lest one person that response to this post by saying, "I think Newt would be a good candidate".
Gew, who knows why people love this guy. He was in the right place at the right time in 1994, and took the leadership role in reviving the GOP. The problem is that he broke the law, and was forced to leave office. I guess they want to go back in time and relive the glory days.
Actually... he was re-elected and decided not to serve because he considered his fellow republicans to be cannibals. David Bonier brought 84 ethics charges against Newt.... 83 were dropped. That one charge cost him a 300,000 fine. Even then he was reelected. Once again you don't have a clue. Here is the link... http://www.answers.com/topic/newt-gingrich ... How about doing a little research before you say silly things?
@hofferp (4739)
I like listening to Gingrich; he's an interesting fellow with a lot of knowledge. But that doesn't mean I want him as President. May be a presidential advisor...
@Destiny007 (5820)
I remember Newt's Contract With America, and how for the first 100 days everything fell just right. Then... nothing. It was as if Newt and the Republicans didn't know what to do beyond that contract. I have no real use for him, and think there are much better choices. Newt showed me how useless he was as Speaker of the House. He would not be a good choice for president, and his best bet would be to stick to whatever it is that he is doing now.
@xfahctor (14128)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
*gag* He would be another establishment republican. Nuff said, don't we have enough of those already?
@laglen (19782)
lmao I like Newt fine. I think there are better candidates out there. I have never said that he should run. I find him interesting but I am not quite as enchanted as others....