Why people hesitate to take recommended service?

Usually, after a shop done a service for you, they might recommend you to get other maintenance services done as well. Would you consider taking those recommended services while you are there? Most people don't I guess. Sometimes, including myself too. I just wonder why would you hesitate? Is that you don't trust the shop you visited? Or the money problem? I would go for both of them sometimes. I afraid the shop might recommend me some services that I don't need, and I end up have to pay even more. What is your take?
I think people don't want to end up paying more then they really need to as a result the servicing of their car goes unchecked until something more major happens... blown head gasket, stuck throttle etc.. and a fatal crash happens... of course this could be because they are trying to make ends meet, or can't pay because they have very little income... however it pays to make the recommended adjustments as necessary to make sure they don't turn into major problems later down the road... people!! if your car is making noticeable noises that weren't there before (squeals, thunks, or anything out of the ordinary take it to a dealership... unless you want to end up paying more money later on or worse case scenario a brand new car...
I also afraid of dealership, they are charging astronomically amount of money, Not the cost of the part, the cost of labor just outrageous. I had done my side mirror from dealership, and it cost me $300 for it. It just scare me to go there the second time.
• Grand Junction, Colorado
Hello king, I would recommend to people to first find a shop that you trust. Ask friends and family where they get there vehicles serviced at and then do a search to see if they have complaints. Call the shop and ask about warranties provided, are the techs ASE certified. As the owner of an auto repair shop myself, I see so many things that people could take care of at the beginning of a problem and not take it seriously and then end up with a major car repair. Vehicles today can be very expensive to have repairs done. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you do regular routine maintenance on your vehicle a few times a year it can save you hundreds to thousands of dollars in break down repairs. Maintenance up keep is cheaper than break down repairs. Also the value of your car stays higher when you do the up keep, you don't have to worry about breaking down on the side of the road. So in conclusion yes I would definitely agree to have recommended services done, with a shop that I trust or that has come highly recommended and that I had checked out. Good luck to you.
Well, this was a good advise from you, and I take it as a "yes", and we should keep our regular maintenance. Recently, I just had my vehicle repaired, and it really cost a lot. I did follow the maintenance recommendation, but sometimes, the break down is unpredictable. So, it is all coming out from my pocket eventually.