What do you think of Full Body Scanners at Airports?

What do you think of full body scanners at airports? They are probably going to start to install them at more airports for reasons of security these days. Yet can't the experience be a little awkward, given they can see everything? I guess that is the point, but I would just personally feel weird knowing someone can "see me" like I was naked or something in the full body scanner. As if airports aren't stressful enough to go through the lines and the security points, full body scanners also add to the travel experience. What do you think of full body scanners? Next thing you know, they'll be asking you to undress in front of everyone.
• New Zealand
Meh , it's necessary. We don't want another 9/11... It's not that bad.
here in the philippines, we have this 117 (just to share). Its better to have this kind of techology rather than manual checking of baggage because it cause too much delay and frustration to some passengers
@goldeneagle (6775)
I think this is a good thing if it makes it harder for would-be terrorists to smuggle bombs or weapons onto flights, and I think EVERYONE should have to go through these scanners. I do not mind elevated security efforts, especially if they are efficient and effective.
@bobmnu (8160)
I say let the airlines do their own screening and give them the right to reject anyone the feel is not right for the flight. If an airline is hijacked then people will not fly that airline. When a person connected to the airline has concerns about a passenger and has to worry if they will get in trouble for reporting or get sued over it is wrong. If you are a government security worker and someone gets through you are not held accountable. Look at the times undercover workers have been able to slip past security with banned items. If the airlines were in charge and you let too many bad guys through you would be fired.
It is for the security and the safety of passenger. It should be used only to those in a suspicious manner. Or other wise, People may not like to travel by AIR and there will be revenue loss to the Companys . Full body scan one need not to undress but the scanner will photograph all the item carried hiding in any part of the body.Even the weapon can be carried inside the body stitched.
I think its for the people why this scanners are created. Even though It cause delay to many passengers, Its for their security. Plain threat is very common in the pass but lately, with the inovation done in security, we have a safer flight today. About the full body scan, whew I wish they dont have like an x-ray vision when they do that. Because they can see us totaly naked wuth this kind of devices lolz
@HCecilia (12)
• Brazil
for me this is no big deal. I give priority to my life than my "privacy". And do you know what? It's not like they never saw it before. And they aren't really seeing me naked.. I rather have a peaceful travel than die. So I'm really happy that the security are better now and can avoid those types of thing.
I know how u feel. But if its gonna save lives , we just have to start accepting its going to be in operation globally. I would like imagine to be in the shoes of the scanner person..if im doing this scanning 8hours a day and 5 to 6 days a week, i think i would be so casual about it eventually. And i dont think anybody can watch the scan, isnt it, its only viewed by authorized persons. This system goes for everybody, including the members of the family who proposed this system, including the members of the people doing the scanning. Its for our own good. And they wouldnt want their loved ones getting undressed in front of many people , so it think they wouldnt propose this system.
@syankee525 (6295)
even though i dont fly at all, but i think if people want to feel safe flying like i would, then its do whatever they need to do, even if its more of a pain.
@Hidaisy (181)
The scanner in my mind doesn't means to let someone to see naked body but just a kind of mechanism to check the passenger to make sure they are not taking metal implements or other illegal things such as bomb.
@happy2512 (1266)
I think full body scanner is not seeing you naked but just seeing you like an exray only skeleton for security reason its just for our own safety. I like it than being one of the casualty of terrorist bomb in the plane. I hight apprved for its installation.
I guess in this day and age of total security, the body scanners will make the security checks quicker and easier. They do appear to be a little strange and wierd but we will have to get used to them sooner or later.
yes it is good but it should be used in proper way that means only for security reasons not more than that it should be maintained properly if it is not it will make a big issue in the whole world