do you slip your shoes on or retie them every morning?

I used to untie my shoes each night. I guess I am getting lazy in my old age. Lately I have just slipped them off and then in the morning just slip them back on without having to tie them. Do you tie or untie your shoes? Do you just slip them on?
@megamatt (14333)
I am all about saving time. Even if that time is fifteen seconds in the morning and fifteen seconds in the evening. After all, that's thirty seconds that I can spend doing something else. Therefore, I keep my shoes tied when I slip them off. It is just much easier to slip them on in the morning and slip them off in the evening. So yeah, I keep my shoes tied. In fact, I think they have pretty much been tied for the last two years. So yeah, it was a good knot as he would hold. All about saving time, even if it is a short amount of time. So I just slip the shoes on and off without tying and retying them.
You can do a lot of things in just thirty seconds! Like answer a discussion on mylot! It's good to save time as well!
@commanderxo (1496)
I stopped buying shoes with laces a long, long time ago... ...too much trouble, as far as I'm concerned to be bothered with. I have my good half boots for going out with, and my runners (which are thick enough to wear in winter weather) which have 2 Velcro straps, thereby making them easier to slip on and off. Call me old fashioned, but I hate having to bend over, or having to scrunch up my knees to my chest, just to have to tie up those danged old laces, that'll probably wind up coming undone, before I reach the end of the walkway. Forget it! I'll take "slip-ons" over laces, any day of the week. cdrxo
I gotcha on that one! I may have to invest in some velcro straps myself!
@ladym33 (11009)
LOL, must be something about getting older. I do the same thing. I never take the time to untie them and tie them. Unless they come untied of course. When the back of the shoe gets to flimsy to slide my feet in it is time to get new shoes. I don't even want to have to sit down to put my shoes on, I just like to slip them on.
I can't just slip them on when they are on the floor yet. Maybe in a couple more weeks! Right now I have to use a hand but it is still much easier. They are pretty well on their way out anyway!
@dodo19 (28538)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I usually just slip my shoes on. The only time that I will untie my shoe laces is when the laces are getting loose. It just seems easier to just slip them on. My boots I do have to untie the lies. I can't just slip them on. But my shoes I do just slip them on. It's a lot quicker that way.
I am with you there. I don't like them to be too loose. So I do retie them if they start feeling loose. I wear other shoes for running so I rarely have to tie my regular day to day shoes any more!
I have to put my shoes on and tie them in the morning, otherwise I feel that they are not fitting properly. They are too loose and I feel that I will walk right out of them. Now when I was much younger I did simply slip my shoes off and on. I will say that it is much more convienent to do so but I enjoy the better fit more than the convienence.
Maybe I am going through the "I'm almost 50" stage or something. Because I used to feel that way as well! But lately I would rather just slip them on!