Have Your Feelings Changed About The Shamu Show And Sea World?

@snoopyfan (1315)
There is are a lot of debates going on in My Lot about the tragedy at Sea World yesterday. I am going to start off by saying again my thoughts and prayers go out to this women's family and friends. It was a terrible accident. Some people feel that Sea World needs to end their killer whale show. I was wondering how many of those people have sat in the audience and watched those shows? Be honest and even if you used to and have now changed your mind it's cool. For me I love killer whales so I would still go and see the shamu show. It is my favorite show at Sea World. I also believe that Dawn the trainer who did pass away would want this show to keep going. She loved these animals and did love the one who tragically killed her. I know a lot of people are saying what Sea World should have done and what they should do now. I don't see people not going to the shamu show and it will go on. I know right now emotions are running high on this issue. But just take a deep breath and think about how you felt when you were watching the show. They are entertaining and it is amazing to see humans working with these beautiful creatures. I still love Killer Whales and I still love Sea World. I am looking forward to hearing all thoughts and concerns. I am sure Sea World will look into this and if will correct as best they can to avoid another situation like this. When you are dealing with animals you can't guarantee what is going to happen. They feel a lot worse than us right now because they lost a dear friend and co-worker. My heart goes out to all.
I feel bad that someone was killed because of the whale. But I don't believe a wild animal should be kept. Maybe they rebel because they want to be back out in the wild where they are suppose to be. They are beautiful whales and some times we think we can train them. Yes they can learn just like us but I don't think we have the right to keep them from where they should be and that is in the ocean.
@snoopyfan (1315)
I understand what you are saying and even though I do enjoy the shows I know they would rather be in the sea. I guess I am just a little selfish. Sorry and thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I guess we can say the same about zoos. I don't go to the circus anymore because they abuse the elephants.
I enjoying watching the animals in the wild because that is there nature. Don't get me wrong I have always wanted to own a tiger or black panther because I think they are beautiful. But I thought to myself if I owned one how would it feel being pinned up. So I would rather see them in the wild and watch them from there. Zoos can treat the animals bad I am sure. And I haven't been to a circus in ages. We don't know what they do to them or how they treat them. But what I do believe is that those animals don't belong to anyone they belong in the wild where they are use to living. Your not selfish you and a lot of people like to go and visit places that have animals because its hard to travel to see them in the wild. But I have noticed a lot of people on TV or just like sea world taking the animals training them to do what they want and then they turn on them. I just know how would we feel if we were in there place? I know I wouldn't feel very good about it. And you don't have to be sorry. Have a wonderful day.
It is very sad that someone lost their life because of one of these creatures, but the one thing that everyone seems to forget is the fact that these are still wild creatures, regardles of where they reside. It is next to impossible to train/breed out that trait. That is why trainers are so special. They take their lives in their own hands each and every day they work with any wild animal. The show should still go on so others can see what a magnificent creature the Killer Whale is.
@snoopyfan (1315)
I am positive that Sea World will keep the shamu show going. Yes these trainers are special and I believe they do bond with these creatures. It doesn't happen a lot and when it does it is nothing but a accident. It is a risk all trainers and zoo employees are taking being around wild animals on a daily basis. But I bet there are way more times when something awesome happens between these trainers and animals that make it worth it.
@xenobane (205)
Wild animals never belong to the caged environment, nature is their destiny, and the calling is always in their hearts. A home-grown tiger can suddenly attack its owner, an elephant can kill its old traniner out of a crowd, even a friendly panda sometimes wants a piece of your cloth. Animals have their place of belonging, and is not in our parks and cages. We play them, train them and assuming is the best for them, but in the end animal is animal, we don't know how they really feel, how they really think, we forced our values onto them and in the end they are still what they are. They don't work because they are thanking us for taking care of them, they work because they have to. No work meaning no food, and is not that much difference from slavery. If you let those animal go, I doubt they'll ever turn back, they need their freedom, and we can't keep them from reaching it. We should really rethink ourselves not as the master of this world, but rather an equal being inside this world, just like many other animals and plants.
@snoopyfan (1315)
I love your ending that we stop thinking of ourselves as masters of animals. I know with my dog she thinks, feels, and even tries very hard to let me know what she wants. I have many videos friends send me of wild animals doing very "human things". I don't think we give enough credit to how intelligent these animals truly are. And you are right we don't know how any of these animals feel all the time. Though at times you do see them giving love back to the trainers. I do believe any animal can love a human wild or tame.
@jugsjugs (13045)
I am sorry that someone was killed by the whale,but she knew that these animals could be like that doing the job that she was doing.I think that all sea animals should be left in the sea where they belong.The way i see it is these whales have been put in the position where they do have to act or work to earn where as in the sea that is their natural enviroment.I do not think that it is fair on any animal to have to be where they should not be,so in my eyes it was a thing that was going to happen sooner or later.
@snoopyfan (1315)
I agree with you jugjugs she did know the risk. I haven't heard anything from her family yet but as sadden as they are I have a feeling they will talk about how she loved going to work and being around these animals. I guess we are lucky it doesn't happen more often. These attacks seem to be spread apart. I know she wouldn't want this whale to be put down like some people are saying.
@CatsandDogs (13964)
Hi snoopyfan. I just left you a PM and here I am responding to your discussion. lol I just heard about this on the news this afternoon and my condolences go out to the woman's family! How tragic! One man said that it wasn't an accident but was intentional because the Killer Whales are intelligent and the one that killed the woman knew what it was doing so it was intentional. I honestly don't know but I do know this, one shouldn't mess with wild animals of any kind because we don't know when they'll turn on us or catch us off guard. They're doing what they know best which is to kill. It's really sad though if you think about it because they're not meant for captivity but to live in the wild as wild animals do. As for myself, I like seeing the wild but in their own environment. Now the zoo's aren't bad IF the animals are in their environment with a large enclosure, not in some small enclosure like we usually see. That's not fair to the animal.
@snoopyfan (1315)
I just PM'd you back. You know what I was thinking and again have no idea if this is what happened. But they said the whale grabbed her pony tail right. I was wondering if she was leaning and the whale thought it was a fish. You know how a pony tail can be long and straight. Like you hear about sharks attacking surfers because they think they are seals. It's just a thought. I do agree you can never fully train a wild animal they are always going to go on their instincts.
@smacksman (6074)
I have never been to Sea World but I have been to circuses and zoos. I have also been to pig farms and dairy farms. In all of these places I have seen a wide variety of conditions that the animals have been kept. I have also been to rescue centres and endangered species breeding centres. So by what I have said I expect you know where I'm coming from! 1. Leave wild things in the wild. For our entertainment, visit them in the wild. 2. Rescue the abandoned, the sick and the lame and restore them to their habitat. If they are a species that cannot be returned to the wild then don't rescue them in the first place - let nature take its course. 3. Breed endangered species and return them to the wild. If we want to see caged animals then visiting time at prisons and mental institutions are a good start.
@snoopyfan (1315)
I stopped going to circuses when I found out they abuse elephants. You made some great points and I have a few times been blessed to see a whale and some dolphins in the ocean and yes I was entertained by that as well. I gotta I would rank the wild animals a higher than the caged ones in prisons and institutions. Very funny.
@coolcoder (2020)
Being an ardent hater of killer whales, if it were up to me, all of those stupid fish would be killed and turned into sushi. I can't stand them. That's one species that I wish would become extinct.
@snoopyfan (1315)
Killers Whales are not fish they are mammals. Why do you hate them so much?
@kaylachan (4776)
Growing up I used to watch shows. It is still unclear as to what will happen to the show. As of right now the show is closed indefently. This could mean that Sea World may not bring it back. My heart also goes out to those people who lost a friend and co-worker. Animals are animals, and unlike humans don't think we do so this should always be kept in consideration.
@snoopyfan (1315)
I think it will be shut down for a few days or maybe a week but I can't imagine Sea World would close it down. This is not the first accident that happened and the show went on. I watched the news today and a Sea World spokesperson said this whale would not be put down and that Dawn wouldn't want that. Her sister was talking about how working at Sea World was her sister's dream job. I don't think we will ever know what happened.