Have you ever tried making sweet rice?

I am thinking of what to cook tonight for supper, and I want to try making a sweet rice with savory chicken and veggies. Yet I have never made sweet rice before, and was thinking I could try adding a little bit of sweetener and cinnamon and cloves to the brown rice. It is a risky move, but I just get tired of the usual table salt and other spices. It would almsot be like eatinga sweet rice pudding maybe, but without the pudding. Have you ever tried making sweet rice? If you have any recipes, please share. My sweet tooth is definitely licking in at this time of the day!
@ElicBxn (60417)
"licking in?" I would've said "kicking in" but that's just me I take regular rice and add sweetener - generally sugar - but I eat like dessert - kind of my own sort of rice dessert, that isn't exactly a pudding (well, I have ISSUES with pudding)
Last night I tried making a version of sweet rice, only to be disappointed because it didn't turn out or taste the way I thought it would. I added some sweetener to it, with some cinnamon and cloves. Yet I want to try somehow adding a thickened or sweetened milk to it. It wasn't bad with the garlic and cinnamon chicken though.
@JAIMEL (9)
hey there while im no die hard expert i would like to tell you can actually make your own sweet rice called arosco leche you use butter or margarine 2 tblsps i cup milk 2 optional cinnamon and sum brown sugar raisins optional
Oh my, that sounds so good! I will have to try the arosco leche very soon! thank you for sharing this with me Jaimel! My mouth is watering already!
I like the crunch of wild rice mixed in with white rice and I toss in some dried cranberries and toasted, slivered almonds as well. The cranberries are tart and sweet so they satisfy my sweet craving. I guess this is kind of a rice salad without a dressing.