Are you working on losing weight?

I am not trying to lose weight right now. i lost over 60 pounds. I am looking to find people who are working on it though. I want to tone myself right now. So I joined the local gym. I think I need a little push to stay focused on things. What are you doing to get in shape? I know I will lose another ten pounds trying to tone up. I don't mind I just want some encouragement not to quit. Thanks guys..
@mzz663 (2775)
I finally got a wii, my daughter had one and I thought it would be fun....getting the wii fit plus was a great idea. Being consistent in your workout and maybe toning with weights is a good idea. Just remember, muscle weighs more than fat and if you're gaining muscle, you might gain a little more weight but in the end, the muscle burns more fat and looks better on us. Congrats on the 60 pounds!
My friend wants a wii fit, her husband refuses to buy any of that electronics stuff. I wish he would let her and I bet he would enjoy the sports games as well.
I recently lost 6 pound last week..and I joined gym 3 months ago (I also do a little cardio and eat less than before)..I feel really great when I lose some weight...I think you should go for losing more weight..Losing 10 pound more would probably do no harm.
I am not really working on it, but I should be. Maybe I will be as spring progresses. I would love to be taking walks with my husband for both of us. He gained a lot of weight while I worked so hard this year. I have a Y membership and anything I would do right now would be a lot more than I have been and I would expect it to be pretty effective. I try to eat healthy and avoid sodas.
@wxhz17 (8)
I used to lose 30 pounds within 2 monthes. Not a very difficult thing, I eat as much as I want on Breakfast and Lunch, but I don't eat anything after lunch. I don't like exercising.
I wanted to lose weight before but I am a lazy girl. I don't like to do much exercise and can't persist doing it too.But I think everyone has his/her own way to lose weight and fortunately I have found the one that suitable for me, have regularly diet everyday and don't eat any puffed food before going to bed.It's very useful for me and I keep fit right now. So if you find the right way,just persist and you can successed easily. Good luck!
@cream97 (29169)
Yes in a way, I am. I am always drinking and eating low fat foods. When both my daughter start school, I plan to walk on the exercise track at least twice in a week. I will walk for an hour. I want to shed my unwanted baby fat around my stomach. I hope that you enjoy toning yourself up.
@cream97 (29169)
Both my daughter and son...
@besthope44 (12145)
Be sure to burn out those extra calories by the end of the week. If you feel that you have consumed more calories than you should have during the week, it happens you know, and then make sure that you work off those extra calories by the end of the week.
@KrauseHome (35034)
I need to loose some weight myself but having some issues with Health at the moment and taking pills for pain that are causing some excess water gain, etc. to where I am not sure what can be done for now. But loosing weight is a Great thing when it actually is achieved. The hardest part seems to be keeping it off, and finding ways to keep on loosing if it is a lot that is your Goal. But one thing I have learned is it can be more what we eat sometimes than how much, but wishing you continued success with reaching your goal as well.
@whyaskq (7532)
First, let me congratulate you in succeeding to lose weight. Hope you do not mind sharing. Your success is due to diet discipline or through some programs and how long it took you to lose 60 pounds? I sincerely hope you keep the momentum going at the local gym. I certainly know how though it is at the gym.
@xannebull (1806)
Oh that's good of you, for me it's very difficult loosing some weight since i love foods. I tried a lot of times of losing weight but my appetite is very voracious and i can't help it, but i am just glad that i had lost a lit bit of pound since trying to lose weight.
@Java09 (3085)
I'm gonna start exercising to lose weight,I want to buy myself a exercise bike and I'll live on it.I'm tired of being over weight,but I know I can't lose any weight unless I do something about it.
@kyel_11 (1069)
no. i'm working on losing my belly fats hahaha! i'm not fat but my belly is fat. i do not know what to do about it. hehehe. i do not want to go to gym since i am always tired due to my work... awwww.
@yresh12 (3222)
Hi ms gifty! Can you share your secrets? I'm really gaining weight right now. I don't like to got to the gym(just lazy) harhar. This discussion is very important and very helpful for us who want to lose weight....
@LuaCara (50)
Its great that you have lost over 60 pounds working out. I find joining group workout sessions is a great way to workout because seeing others we are motivated to raise the bar for ourselves. When working out on a personal basis I used to find my enthusiasm dipping at times but in a group class I find I always give a bit more of myself. Why don't you try it out? It is the best form of encouragement. My favorite is spinning. Good Luck on the last 10 pounds.
@myfb2009 (8304)
I just set myself a diet on all my food intake, in order not to put more extra weight. Although i don't have the time to spend in the gym, to lose my weight, because the nearest gym is still consider very far for me to go. So, i spend my time by do cleaning all around my home. I brush, scrub the floor whenever i am free. Besides i always check my weight weekly, to make sure that my weight is not going up too much.
I never would have thought I'd turn to WII Fit to get some exercise but that's what I've been doing. We got one for Christmas, I never would have bought it, but I'm glad we have it because it's turned out to be something that I can do with my 3 yr old. It's difficult for me to get into a gym or to find time alone to exercise so the WII is turning out to be a good thing.
@jennybianca (12915)
I am trying to loose weight, slowly. Joining the gym is a good idea, not that I have done that myself. What I started a few months ago is watching my total grams of fat. The limit is 30grams each day. I would record each and every meal, and write down the fat grams. Would you believe it worked! I loose on average about 0.35 kilgrams each week. Im trying to get it to 0.5 each week. I dont record and write the total grams of fat now, because after a few weeks, I learnt off by heart which foods I could have and in what quantities.
@ElicBxn (60884)
you are an inspiration! I've lost about 50 but I've kind of plateaued - I need to get back heavily on the diet and start working out, but so far it hasn't happened - too much time mylotting... doesn't interfere with the eating part, but the exercise...
@dawnald (84147)
• Shingle Springs, California
Should be, want to be, just not enough to get offa my duff and do it!
@zoey7879 (3104)
I have health problems that hinder what types of exercises that I can do, and unfortunately, when I can do them. I eat a rather simple diet... of a cup of yogurt in the morning, as well as two slices of buttered toast. At lunch I will take the same, or a simple salad with very very light cheese and low fat/low calorie dressing, and at dinner, I'll eat just about anything. Dinner's the big catch, I always make a mental note of what I'm eating and compare it to something else. For example, a salad and a small meat selection is equal to about one piece of pizza. I know that one piece of pizza would not satisfy my hunger, whereas the meat and salad would. As for exercising, when I can, I looked up Yoga for Back Problems on Youtube. Not only were the exercises for those with back problems, but for those who really wanted to tone down the problem areas of the hips, waistline, and upper arms. Following just that alone, about 15 minutes twice a day, I lost about 30 lbs in a matter of a couple of weeks. Now, I cut back on that as much and do some light kickboxing as well. With some of the Yoga movements, I have incorporated 3-5 lbs weights.