Does anyone feed the birds?

We have 3 large bird feeders and cannot keep them filled. We thought "oh,what hungry birds!" but then one day we seen 3 deer eating out of our bird feeders. They just tipped it up and were having a wonderful snack. So we thought we would move it closer to the house....the birds loved it...so did the deer! Any suggestions?
@bunnybon7 (37399)
• Holiday, Florida
when i worked for the last elderly lady, she had me go out and scatter birdseed. she had no bird feeders. but we would watch them lite down from the window. then one day we noticed bunnies coming to eat also. we didnt want to keep them away, so we started scattering more all around so they'd all eat. im not sure how to keep the deer away, unless you can find something to put up farther from the house that will keep them interested like a salt lick or something, while the birds eat.
Last fall my friend gave me a package of tulips to plant for my birthday. My husband and grandson planted them in the garden that we have dedicated to flowers. The other day I checked htem and they are about 4 inches up and starting to bud. My husband come in the other night and said 'you know them flowers you were so proud of?' The deer have ate every tulip!!!!!! I told him this year I think we are going to have to go to these hanging gardens and hang them off the house! Maybe we could plant sweet corn around the house????
@bunnybon7 (37399)
• Holiday, Florida
i really wish you could find a way to keep them away. i wonder if a scarecrow man would help? they might think its a person. i remember that out in florida, when i was there at my daughters the farmer there shot the dear and hunted them because they said the dear would eat all the oranges off the trees and that was their livelihood i felt so bad about it. as these are such sweet and lovely animals. there must be a way. the elderly guy i knew used to have me sprinkle cheyenne pepper around his tomatoe plants to keep out the rabbits. it worked till we'd forget and it would be all absorbed or blow away.
Oh, that is just too funny, I wish I could have seen it. There is a Nature Center near here that takes Irish Spring soap (original) and drills a hole through it and ties it to baby trees to keep the deer from chewing on them. You could also put it in a knee high stocking and just tie it to the bird feeder. That might repel the deer. If you put it up too high, I know it would be a pain to keep it filled.
I tried to get pictures of the deer but they were to skitish and ran when I opened the door. I have gotten pictures of them eating our garden produce. We have about given up trying to have a garden because of the deer. Racoons are no problem but the deer have ate everything! The garden is my husbands project, I have trouble working out doors in the summer so if I do anything I have to do it early in the morning or late at night and feed myself to the mosquitos!!!!