Do you get a lot of stuff blow into your garden?

@Wizzywig (7860)
I live next door but one to a pub and directly opposite a school. Luckily, I dont get a great deal of rubbish in the garden but its mostly crisp (potato chip) packets, elastic bands that the postmen/ladies drop, a few plastic bags and childrens drawings. I have had a few bottles & cans with the occasional beer glass. There have also been some ribbons, hair elastics and a dolls head. What turns up in your garden?
@RawBill1 (8542)
• Gold Coast, Australia
We get stuff from time to time blowing down the street and it seems to gather outside our front fence or it goes down our driveway. This is really annoying to me as we do not eat any junk food, yet we end up with the wrappers and packets in our yard. This could be caused by the students that use our street as their path to an from school. There is a high school across the road from the end of our street. Luckily is is not huge amounts! I do however belong to an archery club that has it's grounds right next door to a Christian College. These kids throw their rubbish over our fence and it also blows across their yard and into a drain which empties into a creek flowing through our property. The creek is always full of junk food wrappers and drink containers. The driveway into the club is always littered with rubbish too as this is close to the boundary with the school. The mess makes us look bad whenever people come into the club to look around, but we cannot do anything about it.
@Wizzywig (7860)
I'm glad I dont live near that college! I dont know why people feel the need to just dump their litter wherever they feel like it. Its so anti-social. Quite often, these people are just a few feet from a litter bin. My son has been known to pick litter up and give it back saying "Excuse me, I think this is yours". Sometimes its met with a torrent of abuse, other times people look a bit shame-faced and put it in the bin.
@RawBill1 (8542)
• Gold Coast, Australia
You should be proud of your son for doing that as it is a great thing to be doing for the environment. My kids school is very clean and they have really instilled a habit in the kids there that any litter they see should be picked up and put in a bin. My 8 year old son said one day last year that he had spent his lunch break picking up rubbish. I asked if he had been in trouble as that is what we had to do at school when we were in trouble. He replied that he was not in trouble and did it because he wanted to!
@Wizzywig (7860)
Yes, I am proud of him, as I'm sure you are proud of yours for his litter-picking. It makes me smile to think what sort of state his room used to be in before he left home yet he wouldn't tolerate litter outside even then.
@ronaldinu (12454)
• Malta
I don't have a garden but all sorts of things get blown in my drive-in. From dust particles, snack packets to tissues etc. Malta is a windy island so this thing is a regular occurrence. Usually I let nature do the cleaning as another blow of wind would blow away the rubbish gathered there :)
@Wizzywig (7860)
You could probably make a video-diary documentary on the subject to rival the art of the likes of Tracey Emmin.
@kitty42 (3912)
Hello my friend You seem to get a little bit of everything lol I don't have a garden but we have a court yard and it can get messy especially when the wind blows, it really sucks but what can we do. Thanks.
@Wizzywig (7860)
Considering how close we are to the pub and school, I think our litter problem isn't too bad. I daresay we'll have a few more cans etc in the summer as the pub will be showing the televised World Cup matches and (hopefully) there will be a bit of celebration going on.
• Marion, Kansas
Your garden is the equivalent of our yards, I guess. I live on main street and there are frequently shopping bags that blow into our yard. In addition there are often drink cups thrown out and they catch in the rose bushes. Everything looks drab right now and these are not attractive additions. Someone once told me that I live driving distance from a certain bar and that is why I will end up with the occasional bottle in my yard.
@Wizzywig (7860)
We live in the opposite direction to the way most of the pub clientelle go home so there is usually more litter along that stretch. We do sometimes get dog poo by the gatepost but local dog-owners seem to have more of a social conscience than they used to.
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
Mostly leaves from the oak tree... Not too long ago, we had a pretty crazy windstorm and the lawn furniture ended up across the yard, the chairs were in the pool, the chest walked all the way across the patio. It was crazy...
@Wizzywig (7860)
We get a lot of leaves from our oak tree to but that's natures litter so its allowed - tho my neighbour complained and said they'd had to buy one of those "leaf-suckers" to hoover up my leaves. Odd that my other neighbour who is much closer to & downwind from the tree and doesn't have a 6ft fence to keep them out never seems to have any trouble with them
• Marion, Kansas