what is symbiotic relationships?

I am trying to read up on this. My therapist gave me this fro homework. I am finding not much to go on. She feels this describes my daughter and I. Please help me if you can. I need to write something on this as well. Thanks very much Let me head over to google again..
@ElicBxn (60142)
a parasite is like a hook worm or a tape worm, that feeds off of the host and doesn't give anything back a symbiotic relationship is like our relationship to the bacteria in our gut - they help us digest the food we eat, in return they live in our gut Or those jellyfish in that lake in Jellyfish Lake "the chemocline for their symbiotic algae." the entire article in Wikipedia... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jellyfish_Lake
I am really lost now. This does not sound like myself and karisma. Thanks very much
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
Two living things that both benefit from the relationship. One example might be the cleaner fish in the ocean, they get food off the larger fish that they clean, and the larger fish get the benefit of the cleaning.
This is very nice as well. I am more like the cleaner fish. I can now do my homework and I also understand it more. Thanks very much
@ifa225 (11098)
hello gifts, All i know is the relationship give the advantage to both side. It is balance, when you feel like you receive something from anyone, you should give to other. This symbiotic can last your relationship longer.
Thank you so much.
This is a rather interesting relationship. Here is a pretty straight forward site telling about the relationship: (I hope it helps you to understand it better) http://necsi.org/projects/evolution/co-evolution/symbiosis/co-evolution_symbiosis.html
Thanks very much for this. I will be stopping in to read on it.
You are welcome. Hope it helps. It looked like it was very well written.
From what I know about symbiotic relationships, this is a relationship where one parent will fuse their identity with another, usually a child. In most cases this is not a healthy relationship. For example: If you have a mother that, in her younger days had a narcissistic mindset, and then has a young daughter that is naturally pretty, the mother might push the child to become a beauty queen and enter the child in many, many competitions. In some cases it can get so extreme that if the little daughter doesn't make it and fails, the mother's emotion can easily turn to anger, resentment, or even worse. Another example would be a father that won a few sport trophy's in his young years, then has a young son that he wants to relive his glory years through. If this case were to get extreme the father would push and push until his son won every event and if the son failed or came second place in just one event, the father might get real aggressive or even violent. This is what I know about Symbiotic relationships.
I don't see how this could be like my daughter and I. I think she has it a bit off track. Thanks very much for the help.
• Marion, Kansas
When I think of a symbiotic relationship I would say that each part feeds the other part. This can be good or bad. You can do good things in her life and she responds with good things toward you. It also can mean that each of you has negative issues that the other one brings out. You could ask you counselor in what way you and your daughter are symbiotic.
This sounds a little like us. We are always arguing over things. Mostly because I give and she takes. I thank you for this help.
A symbiotic relationship is a relationship in which two different organisms are able to live in peace with one another. One of the organisms provides something for the other while the other really doesn't do a lot in return for the host organism so to speak. An example of this is the hermit crab. There are several different kinds of symbiotic relationships and you can learn a lot more about it if you look on Wiki for symbiotic relationships.