Worried about my Brother in Jail

Hello my lot! I am worried about my brother in jail. I worry because of the jail mindset or culture of life behind bars, and I don't want my brother to become a jail thug. How can he help himself from becoming one of these thugs? How can I help him from afar? Some people have already started fights with him, but I know my brother is not the fighting type. I guess he has been keeping himself busy by fixing other people's radios and what not, for he has a talent in electronics. But my brother is going to be in jail for along time, so I worry about his mindset as a result of it. I just hope he can keep himself healthy. I can't imagine what life must be like for him now.
@cream97 (29175)
I am sorry about your brother being in jail. The best thing that you can do and should do is to pray. Pray for God to protect him at all costs. Pray that he will keep his mind strong. Pray that he will be confident in being in jail. God can make sure that he is not harmed. It sounds like he does not need to be in a place like this anyway. It would be great for him to keep a Bible so that he can read and study the word. My uncle was in prison for many years. He went the first time for up to 5 years or so. Then he went back for about, 18 more years. And he finally got out for being on parole. He made it out. And he is back at home staying with his mom. He was on house arrest when he first got out, but that device is off of his leg now. He was in prison for many of years. He did not really get to see his children grow up. All he had was pictures and memories... I am so sorry that your brother is in jail. And I just pray that he will not be in there for too much longer.
Thank you for your kind words, cream97! I will share them with my brother, as I'm sure he needs the support right now. I am also glad your uncle is now free to live his life, for it is not something to take for granted. Unfortunately, my brother will have to learn that now in jail.
@cream97 (29175)
Don't feel so bad, my uncle had to learn the same thing too. Not anything against your brother.... But my uncle did not learn his lesson. He got out of prison and then about 2 years later, he went back to prison again. This time he had a longer sentence. I am not saying that your brother will have one too. I just feel strongly that he does not need to be in prison. I hope that your brother will get out because there are just too many innocent people in prison that just don't need to be in there.
@cream97 (29175)
If your brother is just in jail and not prison, he still should be let out. He dos not need to be in there.
I am so sorry to hear that your brother is having to spend time in jail. I don't know how the jail system is where you live, but I know here if you are in for a long period of time there are a lot of positive things that you can do with your time. There are opportunities to take classes that will better your life after you are out of jail. I know that a friend of my mother's was in jail for a long time and he took classes while in jail and is now able to be successful outside of jail.
Hi dorannmwin! Just want to say thank you for your supportive words on my brother being in jail. I miss him all the time, for we were pretty close growing up. Yet I hope he is taking classes to build a skill while in there, for like you say, he could use that skill when he gets out.
@ronaldinu (12454)
• Malta
I am so sorry to hear that your brother is in jail I hope that he gets out of there quick. And that he gets out of there a reformed person. How can you help him? I guess by keeping in contact as much as possible with him. I don't know whether he has email access or whether you are allowed to call him, or writing letters. Make sure to keep in touch with him. God bless you and your brother.
Thank you ronaldinu, for your support and kind words for my brother. I will keep in contact with him, and write Patrick letters. Maybe that will help him feel less alone in there with a bunch of strangers. You are very kind!
@ksmita (481)
hi . iam sure your brother will be healthy and calm there. sometimes we have to change ourselves according to the situation. he may not be fighting type, but to protect himself and to save his pride , he has to give it back. nothing wrong in that. definelty minding his own business, keeping himself busy by repairing radios , he can sure be safe and healthy. don't worry. he will take care of himself. happy mylotting.
Thank you for your reassuring words, ksmita. It means a lot to me! You have a good day, too! :-D
hi , we are facing the same situation my brother is also in jail for last 3 months. this is the second time he is in , last time he spend 18 months in jail and could not get bail during the entire course and ultimately sentenced to 3 years prison and then got bail from higher court for appealing.This time what will happen to him i am really really worried about him. last time he was a single but this time he has a wife and a kid. i am really feeling helpless for him.He is a very good as a person and a brother.Both the time he is charged with sending the people abroad from india with the help of forged documents.
@maximax8 (27049)
In jail not all the people there are bad. I have a friend that went to jail for two weeks for not paying Council Tax. Often innocent people are sent to prison. There are some thugs in jail but your brother could try to avoid mixing with them. He could socialize with the normal people that are in jail. Educational courses are available to people in prison. It is excellent that your brother fixes people's radios. He should try to eat a healthy diet and get some exercise. Good luck to your brother. In my home country sentences can be reduced due to good behavior. I think your brother will be happy with caring sounding letters from you. Maybe you could visit him once or twice if it is not a long distance away.