School work

My daughter has to read 35 pages of history and answer questions. I know this will not get done if I don't help her. She is being tested on the 24th for a learning problem. So I really need to have this done. I am asking do you help your kids with homework? reading and answering the questions with them. Or do yu just cheack it? To check this I might as well read it and go through it with her. Thanks very much
Reading the information and going through it with her will make the task go so much smoother. Especially if she is to be tested for learning problems. You can help her remain focused and on task. I used to sit down and go over homework with my boys problem by problem until they showed that they had a grasp of the concept. Now the oldest is in college and the youngest is a junior in high school, so they know that if they need assistance that I can help them but it time for them to take the responsibility of doing it on their own.
I will help her with this big one. Because I want to have it handed in. She has not been doing the homework because it's too hard. So I will do this thanks so much.
You are certainly doing the right thing by having her tested. From what I am reading here this a typical ADD (attention deficit disorder) situation. I know that children that suffer for this will often not do the homework becuase they say it is too hard, becuase they lose tract of what they are doing. Make sure that once she is tested that you get an alternative learning program written and in her file. This will follow her though schooling and mandate that teachers work with her to make sure that she is learning to her full potential.
My daughter is just seven years old and she is in the first grade. However, this doesn't mean that she doesn't have homework already. In fact, she has had me talk to her teacher several times because she doesn't feel that her teacher gives her enough homework. Now, I don't sit down with her and do her homework with her. I do make sure that available for her to answer questions that she has and I also check her work before I allow her to turn it in. If you think it might help her, you could sit with her while she does her reading to make sure that she isn't stumbling too much.
Hi, i too think this is spoiling the children in a massive way! Students are required to develop mentally but these things are testing their patience and not doing anything good to them, i think.
@lilybug (21148)
Mostly I just check my 10 year old son's homework when he is done with it. He will ask me for help if he is having trouble with something, but for the most part he does it on his own. He has ADHD and he sometimes has trouble concentration on longer assignments, so I let him take breaks and then start again.
• United Arab Emirates
Hi!... I am not sure about the testing on the 24th for a learning problem that your daughter have. But I can definitely guide you on how to increase your daughter's memory. I have been through several searches and I have found out that you, helping your kid is not the only answer but you should also give her a real quality time with her books and you should make her interest towards her history subject or any other. Another very important issue is most of the children don't get to understand the topic and they just learn like parrot. Make sure to tell her the whole conclusion of the topic she is learning because in that way she will be able to learn and understand in the same time and will have it all in her long term memory. I hope this will help. If you want to have more information, you are most welcome!..:)
@phoenix8606 (4978)
hi! first of all i want to say that i have no children, just because I am not married and have no partner, but when I get married and have children, i will definitely help them with the homeworks, if I can, i mean, if I understand what is all about, just because I think we must support them and show them, that they will always have us by their side and we will always help them. And why should I not help them if I can, because when I was a student my parents didn't helped that much, but no because they didn't wanted to, but just because they also didn't knew what is all about :)
@sedel1027 (17854)
All depend son what Jakob has to do. If he just has his usual one page of math, I check it over after he is done. For his Social Studies project I helped him since that was the 1st one he had done. What learning disability is she being test for?