Finally! Rangel steps down.

@laglen (19782)
[b] Representative Charles B. Rangel stepped down on Wednesday as chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee after losing support within his party because of ethics violations, shaking up the Democratic power structure in the House and costing New York a powerful seat of influence in Congress.[/b] I say its about time! What do you think? http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/04/nyregion/04rangel.html
@bobmnu (8160)
If he were a civil servant he would lose his pension upon conviction. It looks like Speaker Pelosi is having trouble draining the swamp of corruption in Congress. Many of these people seem to feel because they make the rule they don't have to follow them because they are the ruling class. I say hold them to a higher standards, they break the rules they lose their seat, pension and privileges.
@laglen (19782)
I am with you 100% on that
@gewcew23 (8011)
Rangel is still going to get paid, chances are he will still receive his retirement. Yes it is a good thing that he is no long a chairman but the crook will still get paid.
@laglen (19782)
oh yes he will your right. I dont see that going away.
He is still a senator...he still gets to vote...I won't be happy til he looses that too and get run out of office completely.
@laglen (19782)
I agree but I am happy with baby steps.