Are you okay with prayers being said in schools for a person or a sad event?

@newtalent (1114)
I know it is not a common practice since a lot of public schools do not do it because of restrictions. Would you be okay if your child or teacher ask her or his class to participate in one for someone they new but they did not have to? Noting this is not forced decision by all students or staff to participate. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs,practices, and of course respect. I personally do not have an issue if they want to or do not want to. What are your thoughts?
@teamrose (1499)
I would be more than okay with my child saying a prayer in school.In strongly be;ieve in God and prayers.
@newtalent (1114)
I have no issues with this happening in school if the child is comfortable and that is what the child wants to do. I would like for them to have the option and not be told you cannot because our policy says we can't endorse religion or faith in school. I feel your not endorsing if it something the child feels comfort in doing so and they are the ones doing it.. Your are doing because you want to. Thanks for sharing your views.
@ralphido (843)
nope.. no problem as long as they keep it to themselves.. we would naturally pray for someone if that person means anything at all to us..
@newtalent (1114)
Yes I do not like the pressure that society or an individual puts on other members to do something because I am doing it. The peer pressure of doing something because our friends or social group is doing it. I would like it if they had a choice in participating rather than being told they have to or they cannot. I understand religion is not part of the classroom procedures for a reason. I respect that. I also would not mind if they were able to express themselves in a time of grief or pain. Thanks for input.