Easter egg door hanger

Easter Wreath - Not really a wreath, but can hang on the door
@ElicBxn (60434)
I made this from a round styrofoam that I cut to be egg shaped and then pinned ribbons on it Its different anyway
@jennybianca (12918)
You are ahead of me for Easter preparations. I have dont anything. I never thought of having an Easter door hanger. Good idea. I loked at your photo and you made a very creative job of it.
@ElicBxn (60434)
Its for my mom's door in the health care center, makes it a bit more individualized...
• Marion, Kansas
That is a colorful addition for your door. I do not do much decorating of late. Perhaps I should get a little crafty myself. I could use up some ribbons and scraps.
@ElicBxn (60434)
its actually for my mom's door so it'll be inside, I'm trying to keep her door with something on it since the previous roommate's have always done the door before, and now she's had 2 move out, or die really quickly, I figure I can do it for under $10 and then save it for the next year! I've got a tub to put them in for in between times (the egg is there right now with the Christmas, fall and Valentines wreaths...)
• Marion, Kansas
Very thoughtful of you to plan these decorations.
@dragon54u (31407)
That's so pretty!! That gives me an idea for an Easter decoration for my porch. I love to decorate for special occasions, especially holidays like Christmas or Easter that are very important to me. Thanks for the idea!
@ElicBxn (60434)
Glad I could help - working on a spring one now, pink with a flower ribbon - got some silk flowers I think I'll use instead of a bow
@cerebellum (3871)
Once again you have made something original and cute. You must be very busy making decorations for every holiday. I only decorate for Christmas and Easter. The only thing I do for Easter is make a basket and set it in the middle of the table. That shows you how creative I am. I am sure your mother will love it! It will make her room a little more homey (if that's a word).
@ElicBxn (60434)
the whole year around wreaths haven't been in the family but I like them, so I have something on the front door all the time - this is just a nice little way to remind mom (and the staff) that the family is around and cares!
If a loved one has to be in a home, it is best to have the staff aware that they have family visiting often. It seems they take better care of someone whose family is around than someone no-one comes to visit.
@ElicBxn (60434)
Yeah, even this place, which is one of the best, they do take better care when they know family will be around. One sitter I was talking to, said that her lady's son only came a couple of times a year, but because he paid for her, she wasn't neglected, but the lady who she shared the room with was not paid as much attention to because she had neither a sitter or family that came around and wasn't able to call for help herself - that she sometimes would summon help if she saw something that needed attending to.
@dawnald (84155)
• Shingle Springs, California
Very cool. PS does the roomie have a face?
@dawnald (84155)
• Shingle Springs, California
@JenInTN (27565)
That's very creative. I bet my girls would have more fun making those than coloring eggs. Would be a lot less messy too. Hmmmm
@ElicBxn (60434)
ribbons, styrofoam and pins, how old are your girls?
@JenInTN (27565)
They are to old for the Easter Egg thing..lol..but I still have the whole traditional thing going on. Your craft would be a great way for me to make it more mature. They are 16 and 11..lol..the 16 year old has no desire to do eggs and the 11 year old is on the brink. They are both very creative and love to be artistic so most of the time they give in to me about the eggs..LOL. I think your styrofoam eggs would go over great.
@Lakota12 (42794)
again have to go see
@ElicBxn (60434)
Thanks for looking - I know I didn't get the egg perfect, but I think it came out pretty good.
@Lakota12 (42794)
yup I think so too
You did a good job! It's very colorful and will look nice on your door.
@ElicBxn (60434)
why thank you sweetgirl - its for my mom's door at the health care center - but I think it will be different and interesting
@Tallygirl09 (1385)
Wow, How very clever you are! I think it's very unique and colorful. I usually save ribbons too so maybe I will make one too! It seems such a waste to throw away pretty ribbons so I save them and do use them to decorate other pkgs and such.
@ElicBxn (60434)
I actually bought 3 "Ribbon Sachet"s and used ribbon out of 2 of them to make the egg. I used one lenth of the green for the bow on the St. Patrick's wreath and have now used more of the ribbon from the 2 packages to make the "spring" and the 4th of July one. Have to think what I can make for between the end of spring and the 4th...
@writersedge (22579)
Very cool! I like it and for under $10.You've got a good bunch of comments under your picture now. I'll have to see what I come up with. Neat that you're doing that for your Mom ( I read your response to Garden Gerty). Seems neat and take care.
@ElicBxn (60434)
Thanks - yeah, I've been enjoying the joy of photo comments!
very cute! Reminds me of one of those French Memo boards almost.
@ElicBxn (60434)
I can see that, but since styrofoam doesn't "heal" like cork, it wouldn't do a real good job...
@JoyfulOne (6243)
Very cute, and so clever too! I'm sure she will just love it:-) You gave me an idea for decorating my grapevine wreath for Easter! My grandson, 7, wanted to decorate it with me, but I was stuck for an idea (have a bag full of plastic eggs but couldn't come up with a way they'd look nice, or how to even attatch them lol) Now I can cut him some mini eggs with my leftover styro and let him decorate those to hang on the wreath. Nice too because I have lots of paints and stuff. Glad you put up a photo, it's always so nice to see what great ideas others are coming up with.
@ElicBxn (60434)
that sounds cute! and a kiddo to help! the only kiddo in our family is 23 and lives in Colorado!