Is Sorry Enough for the statement: 'The damage has been done!'?

Maybe a person is very lucky if he could make his entire day perfect without a single mistake... to hurt or destruct someone is really upsetting to our side... and much more shaking if sorry seemed not enough for hearing the statement in your two ears 'The damage has been done!'. Have it came to your life already, or you are blessed enough not hearing this pointing out to you... if ever yes, or if ever you would get into the shoes of this person, how would you deal with the situation?
@mysdianait (64058)
I haven't heard those words every single day but I certainly have heard them several times so far during my lifetime. I found that just saying 'sorry' was not enough but that I had to prove that I had realised that what I had done was wrong and I had to do everything I possibly could to make others realise that I had learnt from my mistake. Life is a winding path with ups and downs and the bumps and falls leave bruises but they make us stronger It is not a pleasant feeling when you have done something wrong and realise that it has caused pain to others too. Dwelling on the situation will not make it better and you risk not moving on and making it up to those who were hurt. I would take that person to one side and tell them that mistakes are meant to help us not to hinder us and hope that they understand my message and react!
Hi Diana, Thank for the wonderful message my friend... yes I agree... sorry may not enough to say but it can help you ease yourself too... and provided with action that proved you are really feeling sorry and you have learnt from it. I read an article that say it's not good to keep those bad feelings. If you have proved to yourself that it is a mistake and you done a way to approach the person then you have no way keeping that feeling again. It's a hindrance for you to move and can cause you more trouble in your life... I know there is a kind of person that is silent-type, he may not talk to you but he have already forgiven you... I have a long story of this but I will make it short... my teacher scolded me and very angry at me for not listening his lesson (My reason is that I knew it already). I heard him shouted at his lungs at me and told me out. I was graduating that time I was so afraid not to pass on his subject. I approached him many times in the library but he would just ignore me until such time I able to talk to him but much in my surprise he responded 'The damage has been done?' Not before my graduation he transferred to the other school. I was so sad that time that I always go to the office counselor for advices... Not long ago that I was already in college our line crossed. He smiled at me and ask me of my life. I was so happy to feel the sincerity of his voice. I know he forgot all that happened to us... and then I realized I had done my part to prove to him I realized my mistake and I got something good from it. He is a silent type of person not to show to me he forgave me already...but I felt it... and I am so happy!
@mysdianait (64058)
That is a lovely story and just goes to show that people can and do learn when they are wrong and that others really do forgive and forget. I can imagine how happy you are too as our teachers in school are very important to us therefore knowing that he was sincere certinly meant a lot to you!
Yes I was overwhelmed with happiness as I am so delighted now... you know it...
@pcserver (395)
Something bad done to somebody cannot be simply forgiven!!! It is very hard to forgive to someone who's betrayed your trust or caused you some damage in life. I think the word sorry does not excuse anybody whatever the reason or the circumstances were to do someting bad in a way. Evyone pays for his or her mistakes and a simple "Sorry" cannot undo this particular damage. Otherwise I think "Sorry" can be used for small things everyday or something that we had done unintentionally or by accident. So as a whole I think "Sorry" is a very useful word and even necessary to say after causing something bad....but it can never be enough because no one can show their compassion or regret by just saying one word.
hi pcserver, Good point my friend...I agree on that... it's really hard to forgive specially when speaking about trust--betrayed your trust or causing a harm on your life... and a mere 'sorry' could be rewarded with forgiveness... it should accompanied with action that further proves that someone really regretted his action... in the end... heart is tender enough to forgive... it's all about time... Time heals... Welcome to mylot my friend... Have a blessed day ahead...
lacking word my friend... [i]sorry [/i] ...and mere 'sorry' could not be...
hi prime! sometimes its hard to say sorry but it must, if that is the only way to retrieved our mistakes to other. we must learned to say sorry and give forgiveness to other because we are only human being, we are not perfect. we must learned to swallow our pride sometimes.. god bless!
Hi Cherwin, happy at last to hear from you.... how do you find mylotting now???? Is it fun???? Am I right my friend???? Anyway, yes, that's it. We have to learn to admit our mistake or learn to forgive to do those who sometimes hurt us-----life is to forgive and forget. After those things, we have to move on and never dwell on it.... after we have ask sorry or forgive someone then we have to let go of the sorrow we felt and continue our happy journey. We human are not perfect!!!!! Have a nice day my friend...., oops when you reach 200, eg. Cherwin(200), you could enjoy this faces too. Keep up the good work!!!!
@cupkitties (7545)
I've been told a few times by a certain family member "sorry doesn't cut it!" and that infuriates me to no end. I'm talking over petty stuff here. I mean seriously what the heck am I suppose to do cut off my limbs and wallow in broken glass so they'll finally forgive me for accidently knocking over their vase? HOLY COW But yeah for people that want to be like that I simply take back my apology from them and that makes me feel better.
There are really people like that cupkitties... for a tangible thing like base??? Oh no, that's worst! Maybe you could take it if you did betrayed their trust or hurt them badly... but things replaceable by another--maybe I would go to market and replace that thing identically!!! And no sorry... but we could not change the fact, there are really a kind people who are not contented by hearing sorry, and needs something more... and say something so bitter!
i never heard those words from anyone though im the one who used to say that words to my ex before. like if he made something that really makes me feel so bad and after that he will say sorry then i just simply say "oh well the damaged has been done" which is true really. i mean i know we are not that perfect as sometimes we did things without being aware that we hurt other feelings. but then its already late when we find out that what we did is actually wrong and we really dont meant it. but then the damaged has been done already.
Hi homeshoppers, I understand you... I may somehow say such hurting words back to someone who hurt me but not really the exact word. For me, when I heard that I seemed to think that the person could not totally forgive me because the damage has been done... but it's natural. I could not blame you if you can say that to your boyfriend because when you are in a deep sorrow or emotions, sometimes our mind would really not work in sanity we forget how we reacted on it...
@clocks123 (1228)
i don't think we should judge others. i can point one finger at you and you can point three back at me. even if the damage is done, just don't say it. they know this and feel badly about it i am sure. we all have to deal with the consequences of our actions good or bad. we shouldn't have to hear it from others, however
Hi clocks123, Yes, I agree on that point... a true virtue is not ever judging someone... but sadly there are really people who could easily slip that out from there mouth... It was so powerful like a blade that would cut within you... we made mistake, perhaps they should realize they too is not perfect...