Finally gave in to my Craving for Pizza!

So much for self control! I am finally giving in to my pizza craving tonight, and why not, I have been pretty good with my diet. I guess I am only human, not that it is an excuse, but every once in awhile, I just get the craving for Pizza hut's pizza. I suppose it doesn't help that I have worked there twice so far, either. Just remembering being around all that pizza dough, the cheese, the sauce, and inhaling the aroma of the pizzas cooking in the oven can be too much for any gal! I also remember when working there that I would be allowed one personal pan size pizza of my choice everyday I waitressed. I would get so jealous sometimes, too, just watching other people and their families enjoying their pizzas, especially while I was working (and probably because I wanted to eat the pizzas too!). Yet it was also fun meeting new people as I sat them down to thier meals. What is even better is my old Pizza hut boss, for he would always be laughing. It is funny how ordering one of your favorite comfort foods can bring up memories of it. What are you craving tonight? However, Pizza hut no longer makes my favorite, the infamous Taco Pizza with the spread of beans, your choice of meat, fresh lettuce, tomatoe, and cheese, with a side of salsa dipping sauce. My mouth is watering as I patiently await for my pizza, too. I feel like Jennifer Lopez in the Selena movie scene, where after she becomes famous, she starts talking about all the reporters asking her about her diet. She responds, "Why I can eat medium pizzas to stay slim!" Hehe. Usually I am pretty strict about my diet, but that can be like being in a rut of sorts and gets boring. Maybe I should just re-apply for another job at Pizza hut, but I'd probably gain about 15 pounds (bites nails)! What I can say is that the greatest part about working at Pizza hut is all the left over pizzas at the end of the night, for you get to take them home if nobody else wants them! Nosh, nosh! And of course, how could I forget the pizza sauce fights back in the kitchen? We would get bored and start flinging pizza sauce everywhere, and even try to "invent" new pizzas when it got slow. Craving pizza anyone? Yet I have never been to Lou Malnati's Pizza in Chicago. Now I can sit and enjoy my pizza while watching the Oscars in a few hours!
@CarmenA (129)
Wow... I love pizza too but you have totally set off my craving. Sounds like you had a lot of fun at pizza hut! I worked at Domino's one time, except I was the delivery driver. I remeber while driving with the pizza's in my car thinking how good they smelled !! Umm.. I'm hungry right now..even though it is a little early. I have some Digiorno.. maybe that would hit the spot tonight. Thanks for the idea!! And sure, you totally derserve that pizza for your hard work at dieting! So dive in and happy eating!!
Thank you CarmenA! I will enjoy the pizza very much. I haven't had pizza for so long, and it is like a reward for being so good in my diet. Sorry if I set off your craving for pizza, but at least you have Digornio's pizza, right? That is pretty good pizza, too. I love how the crust rises, and how the ingredients are so fresh! They just meld on the pizza with all the flavors. You enjoy your pizza too, tonight!
Well, you've definitely proven to us that you are indeed human. I was starting to think otherwise if you hadn't decided to indulge. I'm personally a junkie for pizza. I can't help it, I've been addicted ever since I was a young lady and my parents used to order pizza for dinner every night. Yum, I'm starting to crave it now just talking about it. I've never, however had or heard of the Mexican pizza from Pizza Hut. I may just have to try a version of that next time we make pizza at home for dinner.
@ronaldinu (12454)
• Malta
Reading your post, you have made me craving for a good Pizza Hut pizza. Does the franchise has the same recipe everywhere in the world? I have tasted Pizza Hut's pizza in Malta and UK (Blackpool). I must say that I preferred the one in Malta. I don't know why but it seems that the ingredients taste better here. Maybe I am just mistaken but I preferred the pizza I have ordered here in Malta. Wish I had a slice of pizza right now!
i've been craving for pizza for few days now but i dont have enough budget when i still have work i always have pizza delivery every time im at home or during rest day. its really my favorite. but when i lost my job even if i want it then i just need to save them thinking i can buy foods good for many days for a family size pizza. if i already received the check for my loan maybe i will buy one for me to make me feel better
@Dumpertaker (1189)
I absolutely adore pizza, always have since I was a little kid, doesn't matter what toppings you want to put on it, and it can be sweet or savoury I really, REALLY like pizza! Pizza does not have to be classed as an unhealthy food though...as long as you do not attempt to eat it every meal every day then its fine to eat as part of a regular diet. Hmm, think I'll get a 4 cheese pizza now...stuffed crust too!
MMMMMMMMMMMM I love pizza but these days I can't afford to treat myself very often. I do make my own pizza though, using the pizza bases and an assortment of my favourite toppings, it works out cheaper too
@qamarep (4453)
• Pakistan
you know there is a pizza that can help you lose weight.. i dont know its recipe bbut it is really in existence
• Marion, Kansas
Pizza Hut here still makes Taco Pizzas here. I love the buffets on Wednesday evenings and also at noon during the week. We go way more often than we should. I am not sure I like hearing about the sauce fights, because I just keep imagining it in our brand new Pizza Hut. It is really beautiful.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Hello there! I think the coverage of the Oscars over here in the UK is at 1am (just over an hour from now) but I won't be watching it. I hope you enjoy it though...with your pizza! I watched a series a few weeks ago about people wanting to start their own restaurant and they were placed in "fast food" restaurants. One couple were in Pizza Hut (or at least something similar) and I was amazed to disocover that every single pizza is identical, which isn't as easy as it sounds! The lady who was thrown in at the deep end making them didn't do a very good job I'm afraid so I have more understanding at how they are made and WHY they are made that way. If one person got a proper pizza and another something entirely different with a strange shape they wouldn't be too happy would they? My hubby brought a pizza in for me on Tuesday night. He knows the proprietor really well now so I got it for nothing. Mind you, it was tiny compared to those in the US. One of the best pizzas I ever had was at the Luxor Hotel, Las Vegas. It was far too big for me to finish it all by myself but it stayed hot for ages! The US knows how to keep food like this hot whereas we're lagging behind somewhat.