Funny how watching an old movie can bring you back..

I am watching the Karate Kid and it brings me back to when I was thirteen years old. I was a rambuctious teenager, and was in love with Ralph Macchio. I like the story of the new kid on the block, for he is forced to fend for himself while his mother is busy with her new job. He meets some nice kids, but then he runs into that bully who karate kicks him at the beach. What a meanie trying to show off for his friends! Whoever played that part did a real good job, too. I can remember also having crushes on boys in school, and I was in love with this boy that lived down the block, his name was Fernando, and I swear he looked just like Ralph Macchio! He had the hair and everything. He was also sweet like the Karate Kid, for one time a neighborhood bully cornered me, and when Fernando saw that he tried to start a fight with me, his friends came to my defense. So romantic and old school, I know, but I guess I am young at heart. I think the best part to the Karate kid movie is when he finally wins the fight at the end of the day, and just not the physical fight in the karate tournament against the bully, but his fight for respect and independence. I also like that Ralph Macchio wins the girl, too. Puppy Love at it's best, eh? Ah (long sigh), those were the days!
@ronaldinu (12454)
• Malta
I think we must have the same age towongfoo. It brings me back old memories when I was a teenager. I live in a country though I could not associate myself with the movie characters but I still enjoyed the movie and he he beats his bullies. It inspired me not to let others bully me at school and in life. Did you end up marrying your teenage sweetheart ? :)
Hi ronaldinu! I never end up marrying my teenage sweetheart, but sometimes I reminisce about him! Contrary to the movie, I met another teenage sweetheart the start of my junior year in high school, but it didn't work out. :-(
@ronaldinu (12454)
• Malta
I am sorry to hear this. I hope that you moved on and that you''ll meet a man who is respectful, loving and charming as ralph macchio the actor in karate kid. It's incredible of what we had to go through when we look back at our past. I really hope that the future brings you joy and happiness...
Not this specific movie, nor any movie specifically am I referring to. However, a lot of my friends have been reliving our childhoods recently with mother's night out where we will all get together and watch different movies from the '80s. It's funny, but movies were so much different then than they are now. Better in a sense, it's only been recently that I've been able to find movies that I really enjoy watching again.
@bobmnu (8160)
I very much enjoy watching old movies. I think many of them are better than the movies of today.
I also watch and like the karate kid when i was 9yrs old the story is good.