Olive Oil Ice Cream

Once I was watching a Food Network contest show, and one of the chefs made Olive Oil Ice Cream. I thought it was neat, because you don't usually hear of olive oil ice cream, and I have never tried it before. I think the taste of the olive oil might be kind of heavy in the already sweet ice cream, but it could work. Have you ever tried olive oil ice cream? Would you with the combination of heavy olive oil and sweet ice cream?
This sounds very interesting, but it certainly isn't something that I would think about making, let alone eating. I don't think that this would be a very good mixture at all. I'm assuming that this was a creation that they came up with on Iron Chef? Because it sounds like something that they would make on there. If that is the case, what did the judges think of this new and innovative variety of ice cream?
@ronaldinu (12440)
• Malta
No I have never tried it. But I am a bit boring when it comes to food. I prefer good food and food that I am already familiar with. I hate to try new things in food. I don't think that olive oil and ice cream is a good combination.
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
I love olive oil in my salad and and when frying certain foods, however, olive oil ice cream WHY? Its not somthing I would ever consider eating. That does not sound like a good combination at all. In fact it really sounds a bit gross to me. Who would ever consider eatting this?
I've never heard of such a thing. People like olive oil so I'm sure places where it's plentiful they make all sorts of unthought of food products.
@qamarep (4449)
• Pakistan
no i havent ever tried that one myself . but i am also not very fond of newer foods.