Teller Machine scare.

I needed some urgent money tonight.I visited a Bank next to my house and tried to withdraw 5000 Dirhams( $1200 Approx.) from a teller machine installed there.The Machine had some problem.Instead of dispensing money, it displayed a message "System error".I Tried another machine placed next to the previous Machine.This time,I succeeded,but the account balance shown was wrong. The amount I tried to take from the previous machine was also deducted from my account.I immediately called the banks call center.They asked me whether I am having account with the same Bank.I said no.As advised,I contacted my Bank.They told me that as their system is down for updation for 4 hours,I have to wait few hours,to get an answer.Normally,in such cases the money lost is credited back to the account in few hours.In a similar case,if the Banker says that as per their records the money is withdrawn and they can not help,how we can prove that the money never came out of that Machine?Any similar experiences?
The bank should have security cameras. Check to see whether or not they do.
Yes.There is security camera.A detailed investigation will help the customer.
@coffeegurl (1471)
wow! And I thought Chase Bank sucked!
@coffeegurl (1471)
wow1 and 5 thought Chase Bank sucked!