2 Brothers to Marry 2 Sisters

Nigeria
If 2 brothers marry 2 sisters from the same parent, is this wrong, in some culture in my country, this is viewed as a taboo, is this allowed in your culture?
@owlwings (39598)
• Cambridge, England
I have several people in my family tree where two brothers have married two sisters (from a different family, of course). In fact there is one case where two brothers married two sisters who were their first cousins (first cousin marriages are not uncommon in England, especially in the 19th Century when families tended to stay in the same area more often). You have to remember that before about the middle of the 20th Century, it wasn't quite as easy as it is now for people, especially girls, to make friends with others outside their 'circle'. Introducing one's brother to the sister of the girl you intended to marry was quite a natural thing to do.
• Nigeria
Yea, thanks for the infro, I quit agree that this issue is relative, and it is perceived differently by different set of people and races and times
@owlwings (39598)
• Cambridge, England
If you really did mean, effectively, "Can a man marry his own sister? No. Not in this country or in any country or culture that I know of.
@owlwings (39598)
• Cambridge, England
Biologically, it ought to be acceptable for a man to marry his step-sister or even his half-sister (who, I think, would have the same amount of coparental genes as a first cousin) but I believe that neither of those are acceptable in this country.
@towongfoo27 (2989)
It is taboo to marry brothers and sister here in the United States. Many bad things could result from such a union, like a severely disabled child from intermixing the blood lines that way. Not cool. The thought just grosses me out, for I have 3 borthers and 3 sisters in my family. I have known them all my life, and I just don't think of them that way. Marrying siblings is most definitely a taboo, and is just plain wrong!
• Nigeria
They are not from the same parent, brothers from a parent marry sisters from another parent.
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi bunmi, There is no reason for this to be wrong, it happens many times and I have no idea why it would be considered taboo by anyone. It probably has something to do with superstition. Blessings.