Precaution

Does precaution mean anticipating trouble? I always have this thought that if I do something to take care of 'eventualities' I am in fact anticipating them. Sometimes I stay put as that thought upsets me. What is your thought on this?
If one tends to be careless then only he or she would want to be careful. However, if carefulness is the part of our conduct then we need not make a conscious effort to be careful. We are automatically careful. It is like driving an automobile. In driving, you have to be automatically careful. The one who has to make a conscious effort to be careful does not make a good driver. He would be prone to accidents. You cannot drive anticipating accident all the time. In that case, if you do not meet any eventuality then it would be an accident. You have to anticipate there would be no accident at all, and if something happens then only it would be accident.
You will leave your keys with someone just in case........You will carry your blood group card with you just in case.........The list is endless!!!