Choking game comes to El Dorado Hills

@dawnald (84146)
Shingle Springs, California
Well it seems that a group of 8th graders got in into their heads to distract the yard duties so that they could play a little round of the choking game. Dearra wasn't part of it, and she says that if she had been she would have reported it, but anyway... They had a long talk about it at the school and the kids who were involved actually talked about it. Some game. How do you win this game? By dying? By not dying? By killing off the most brain cells? Scary what some kids will do to feel good, to fit in, etc.
@evasmom09 (132)
When I was in junior high kids always played a game like that...It was called the pass out game the teacher would leave the room and they would play....at that time i thought it was funny though i myself never played...Now that i think about it i just think it was the dumbest game ever
@zed_k4 (17627)
Yup, mates in my old school tend to do that too..
Never heard of this game either.
Oh. I had forgotteb all about that but now i remember way back when the kids were doing that. Yes I've heard about the kids half hangin themselves for a high and some of em dying. Man, what is going on in this world today.
I have never heard of the choking game, but since everything that happens in America reaches here very quickly, I guess it won't be long. How does it work? Do they try to choke each other? or use bags or gags? or what? Whatever, it is soooooooooo stupid! They must have already lost brain cells from sniffing glue or something to even think of such a thing. Surely criminal charges could be involved?
I'm wondering how it works also!
@zed_k4 (17627)
Young minds can be dangerous. Now if only those dangers can be put into creativity like a form of art, powerful that will be... channeling kids anger or angst or what's the term called can be one good way too.. slim chance, but well.. Glad that Dearra wasn't part of it. She's sensible like her mommy, I can see that..
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Something, anything....
@zed_k4 (17627)
Errr...
OMG..space monkey. that's what they call it up here anyway. kids..i have to say kids nowadays are playing some scary,dangerous games. makes you wonder what that's saying about society in general.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
and right at school too, amazing!
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
tHANK GOD, Dearra was not into this. Whatever happened to make kids do these things. some people have raised some scary children or maybe they raised themselves. I always took it personally when my sons acted up about anything. I felt like when they did it was a feflection on the way i had raised them.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I don't know but she said the kids who were talking about it didn't even seem embarrassed. Scary...
@jillhill (37384)
It is scary.....I remember when I was in Junior High we did this thing where you are supposed to breath deeply, quickly then plug your nose so you would faint....I did try it....but pretended to faint....choking however is very dangerous....hope they can stop it before anyone really gets hurt.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I hope so too...
@Dumpertaker (1188)
Oh my....I'm kinda shocked that this "game" could be happening in schools, that is very worrying indeed. Doing something like that is very bizarre, and as you say it is very scary what kids will attempt to do to fit in...I hope this is stopped and very soon.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I'm sure the school was very shocked too. Frightening that they would do this even out in the open...
@jennybianca (12915)
A chocking game? Does this mean they were trying to actually choke each other around the neck? How very foolish. In fact, it's downright dangerous. How old are 8th graders there? 12 or 13? They should know better than this.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
About 14 - yes they choke each other until they pass out.
Dawn, I am so glad you have the kind of rapport with Dearra that she will tell you these things. I am also glad she knows not to play this game. Kids have done one version or another of this for a long long time. I do not know if it gets worse when society is disturbed or not, but it is scary that they are getting to try it on the play ground now.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
at school, how bold is that?
I've choked 3 times in my life. It's changed my eating habits and I still get nightmares from it. I don't understand how choking can be a game, it was terrifying for me each time, and it's the first I've heard of some kind of 'choking game'.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Been going around the schools for at least a few years...
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I really think that kids are being so risky these days. I don't know if it is because others will think they are cool or what. It is sad and it won't sink in to their brains until someone gets hurt bad.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
They don't believe anything bad will happen to them.