Links Or Traffic, which is better for my blog?

Well I'm doing my best to get my blog listed in Googles search engine. I have a few links and I send as many people to it through traffic exchanges and buying PTC ads for it. What ever I am doing seems to have gotten my primary blog a google page rank Of 2, This has took me some time and I am going to start a new blog. Which would be the easiest and fasted way to get a new blog ranked, by sending out tons of traffic to it, or by getting as many links to it as possible. from your experience with your blogs or websites which is best? thanks in advance for all helpful advice.
@urbandekay (18312)
As I understand it, links from other sites is the best promotion for the Goggle search engines. all the best urban
Being linked with other sites (if they have page rank is much better), helps you climb in all search engines.
are link exchange sites really good?
When you link to another site and they link back to you...that is good.
You got a pagerank. I am just not able to bet one for my blog. I would be requiring some help from you. I think the fastest way to get a blog ranked is to get incoming links on a lot of sites and also sites which already havea good pagerank.
When ever i try i get either no pagerank (not even 0) or an N/A dont knw what that is . maybe i have to something before my blog gets catalouged.
@TheWebGuy (243)
I blog about and know a lot about traffic. To be honest I wouldn't pay anything for traffic because of lot of it doesn't convert for your money. A lot of traffic comes from links anyways. I would keep making great content that is unique and developing links to your website.
So we got 2 votes for links so far, thanks :)
I think you need both plus a great content. the content is so important because it would keep your readers coming back for more. but to get noticed yes you need traffic to your site and you need not pay for it.
@emine08 (1531)
I think both links and traffic is better for your blog. I have also join to some traffic exchange and put some links in my blog. it is a new blog anyway but I see alot of changes in alexa rank and page rank.
@Bloggership (1118)
I think both of them are necessary... Bot for me, i will choose traffic... Hey, try to visit visitorboost.com... They only charge you 1.99 dollars for 1000 visitors... All visitors are unique... You can prove it by adding flag counter on your blogs...
Since people come from different directions I feel it is best to have links and traffic. Both will get you where you want to go. Links are forever changing so you have to keep up-to-date on those and be ever vigilant. Traffic is very important and you have to bring that from different places. I quit doing blogs because it is so difficult and I just didn't feel the time I had to spend on this was worthwhile.
@lowlycook (265)
try having an opt-in list. Email marketing is powerful. Then you get traffic. Then you can make use of your links. Traffic is good, but having a list is like zeroing in on your target. The money is in the list, they say.
@SreeMahi (89)
Link Building and Social Networking will be good.