Who in the world would send Biden for diplomacy?

@laglen (19780)
The President. Wow. #1 Why wasn't Hillary sent? Isn't this her job? Isn't this why we pay her the big bucks? #2 When did Obama think Biden could be diplomatic? [i]Vice President Biden's trip to the Middle East -- meant to pave the way for a new round of Israeli-Palestinian peace talks -- is coming to a close, leaving in its wake a trail of stinging snubs, cringe-worthy blunders and one-word headlines in Israel newspapers: "Embarrassment." The U.S. vice president's most daring snub may have come when he arrived 90 minutes late to a dinner Tuesday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. But that was after a day of mishaps on the Israeli end and before the prospect of restarting peace talks began to sputter. Perhaps the first sign was when the administration agreed to bring along MSNBC's "Hardball" host Chris Matthews, whose penchant for gaffery rivals Biden's. The media guest of honor used his Monday programming to suggest, along with another reporter, that Israelis dislike President Obama because they're racist. [/i] Chris Matthews? Really? He is such a moron, I am VERY offended that they would bring him to represent America and its media. Here is the whole story - I will warn youthough, my jaw was on the floor the whole time reading it - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/11/bidens-middle-east-tour-plagued-snubs-mishaps/?test=latestnews
@rachael5760 (2740)
• Israel
First of all I am not happy with Biden. Because I live in Jerusalem, Israel, and I was stuck in a huge traffic jam yesterday. I guess Hussein Obama sent Biden to test him. His message to our Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu was 1. US Army won't let the Jews be exterminated 2.The Jews must make more concessions. I don't agree with that. In 2005, PM Ariel Sharon had the Chutspa to deport 9.000 Jews from Gaza, and what did we get ? A Palestinian Islamic Republic in Gaza sending Iranian missiles Grad and killing innocent people. If we give them more territories, there will be elections between Hamas and Fatah, Hamas will win and we will have Iranian missiles on Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. Isaelis don't dislike Obama because is black. Remember in Israel we have Ethiopian Jews, Ethiopian Israelis member of the Knesseth, the Parlement.The only people who still have Black Slaves are the Muslims, like in Darfur, Sudan. They don't like Hussein Obama because he looks weak in front of Islamic imperialism.He bowed down in front of the King of Saudi Arabia. He is not a strong President like the two President Bush.
@xfahctor (14128)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
Yeh, you want to be watching out for that motorcade. It seems to have a very unlucky history of getting in to accidents...lol I'm totaly serious, his motorcade has been in something to the order of 4 or 5 accidents in the last year and a half.
@laglen (19780)
rachael I agree and now for the first time, I will apologize for the United States sending such an idiot to such an important meeting.
@hofferp (4739)
You send Biden, and allow Chris Matthews to tag along, when you're trying to sabotage any possible negotiations. I think it was done on purpose. Secretary of State Clinton wasn't sent because she may have made a difference. If I were Netanyahu, I'd take it as yet another "slight" by this Administration.
@laglen (19780)
Thats exactly how he took it and I dont blame them.