Do you climb on trees?

Hi all.. have you climbed on a tree? I had already climbed a lot of trees. What are these trees? Coconut, tamarind,carabao and indian mangoes..and another tree that has purple fruit. The carabao mango had nasty ants guarding their home. The indian mango had more leaf cover and one unripe fruit had a terrible taste that I cannot stand up after eating it. Ive built a treehouse at the tamarind tree while the coconut provided some fresh juice. This march I have harvested a few carabao mangoes and their growing again. Life is sweet when trees are around.
@namiya (1599)
i used to during my pre teen years. We live in a province then and my usual daily playmates were my two male cousins who as expected love to play rough games. One of their favorite past time is climbing trees like mango, kaimito, duhat or any fruit bearing tree in season. So as not to be left out, i also learned how to climb trees well, sometimes to the extent of being scolded and grounded in the house by my father if he caught me climbing a tree. He can't understand why i enjoy doing it as a girl.
by the way i like that avatar albeit crazier than expected. anyway thanks for supplying the word for the purple fruit. its duhat pala or java plum in english. im glad that even though mylots mostly english i still learn some tagalog words. you know its nice that your dad warns you even i have been warned to go down my treehouse and thrown stones at me from the ground. i was looking at him from above and it was funny when he throws those stone at me. since he tries to hit me I just went down to my disappointment.
@namiya (1599)
I can fell your disappointment too. they just can't understand the fun you're getting, but being a parent now, i realize why my father had treated me that way.
@namiya (1599)
correction please..it should be feel not fell. sorry for the error
@novelcai (603)
hi there cowboyfhell :)) nice name ;) i dont where are you from but seems that your from philippines too same like me because of the tress you climed already hehehehe... when i was young/kid i remember that i play like a boy i move like a boy... i dont like dolls that time but my mom always put lots of ribbons on my head. my mom always got angry everytime i climbed the trees beside of our house or each time i climed on the roof just to get the caimito fruits that fell on our roof. roof are so high so i used to climbed w/ the help of out tv antenna hehehehehe but now im old enough and i cnt do that anymore and im living her now in the city that i cant see any trees near by my place ;)
wahaha i see that you have a strong personality. i live in northern luzon where mango trees are abundant. yeah trees had become rare around the cities. instead the tv and malls take care of our recreational needs. i really enjoyed building my tree house back in 2004 but now its totally destroyed. good place for romance even. if only time would go back
Yeah, I climb on trees. This time I make it more carefully than before after I fell to the ground. Urggghh!
good luck with climbing the tree. best wishes
Yeah when I was young, I climb trees and spent my time for a while there. I just kinda scared on climbing coconut trees since they have no other trunks aside from its solid stem.
hi yes its impossible to climb a tall coconut. I have climbed a low coconut that I dont have to worry of falling since its short in height. With the higher trees my cousin does that.
@madteaparty (2763)
• Japan
I used to climb on trees when I was a kid, but I don't do that anymore, as I don't have the strenght neither the speed or elasticity I had when I was a kid. They were never fruit trees, but just normal ones. I don't remember well the species, as I have never been much interested in that.
wow nice trees there unlike in our place. they do bear fruit but the trees look funny and the mango even poisoned me. i had stomach ache and it lasted 20 minutes or even more. thx for dropping by.
@tundeemma (896)
• South Africa
yes i do like to climb on trees, for both exercising and getting some fruits from such trees, tree climbing is one of the best exercises you can do to stretch your muscles and get a better skin tone. i love tree climbing sometimes just for the adventure of doing so
yes climbing is the nearest thing to an adventure. I remember one night I decided to climb the tamarind tree relying only on moonlight. I climbed until the top and as I am about to return down, its like an abyss and I need to be careful with going down. at that time the branches are very black in color and I had put my feet at every dark branch i could see. else that is not black already ground.
@clipsal (160)
Climbing a tree is a great childhood pastime. But it doesn't always come naturally, especially for those of us with a fear of heights or uncertainty as to the tree's stability.But,with proper training, everyone can climb.
@besthope44 (12145)
Well said!! life is great when trees around. But the current situation trees are required more to save against global warming. In india, planting trees has become the major concern of every one. I climbed mango tree, we use tie a rope and make it as swing.. those are sweet days and trees were our great friends!!
I agree with you the trees are useful to us not just for the factories. They're child friendly. thanks for response
@adamc151 (479)
Climbing trees is great and you sure climb trees alot. I don't climb them as much as you it seems but we used to have a big tree in the front of our house i used to climb all the time but then we had it cut down :( ah well, now we can see stuff from our window :)
Something pops up when something disappears. I lost my treehouse to my ruthless grandaunt. She burned the tree into coal ruining my treehouse along the way. As a result a quarter of the sky became visible and I was able to watch meteor showers.
@phoenix8606 (4978)
hi! yes, i have climbed on trees many times in my childhood, mostly in late summer when the apples and the cherries are ripe and I must collect them from the tree. I have climbed maybe hundred times on the trees in my grandmothers yard, and I am still doing it, but now i am a little bit scared, because I am heavier now :)
Umm I love apples craaawch...kasp kasp..lol so sad no apple grow in our country. they are mostly found in the malls and supermarket. well the tamarind tastes differently than an apple but its tart sweetness just make me addicted.
@Mike4me (567)
umm when I was a kid I did, climbed number of trees, but as I grew up, I lost interest in climbing them, I'm a girl, lol.
why did you lose interest? ah your a girl. I'm thinking, how it sucks to not be able to climb high? Hehe now you girl begin to show your stinks.
i used to climb tress w\during my teen days at the province coz we have different tress there, sometimes i bring salt with me and eat the fresh fruit that i just picked and eat it there while sitting in one of the branches. its so nice to eat fresh fruits and i miss to do it.
at our place every direction one looks there are mangoes. im happy to be a boy that i have the strength to climb up any kind of tree that bear edible fruit although at times my fear of heights stop me cold with reaching some bunch of mangoes. that mango tree really smart. it set its fruits far and high as though it only allows the bravest person to take them.
@binagupta (628)
No, friend not yet but ya i really like to climb the trees when ever i see my friend and the children playing in the street climb the tree i also feel like doing the same but i feel scad and never keep my legs forward.
Yes, but the last time I climbed trees was when I was a little girl. haha. When I was young, I enjoy playing with my playmates and we often climb trees in the forest at the back of my grandma's house every summer. We climbed mango trees. I never experienced climbing at a coconut tree, oh man, that's too tall and I was small. Tamarind trees have lots of caterpillars so I never climbed that tree too. I love mango trees, and while we're on top, we would eat mangoes. But now that me and my old friends have grown up, we don't climb trees anymore. We're ladies now. lol.
hmmm i havent seen a caterpillar with our tamarind tree. however as I was relaxing at my treehouse a form of eagle landed on a branch. it was brown but not that popular as the philippine eagle. thats the first of two sightings I have with that bird. I admire the birds courage to fly near me. It jumped from branch to branch looking for something and I froze and watched him.
@kquiming (2999)
Wow you're great. Good for you that you can do these things. I've never climbed any real tree but I wish I could. It's always amazing to watch kids from third world countries climb trees really fast to collect fruits. They do it and make it look so easy but I know it isn't, I once tried about 8 years ago when I was younger, well I just didn't get the hang of it.
hi friend. yes it is especially hard for females to climb since they cant exert enough force to bring themselves up a tree. besides its frightening up there. so your lucky you dont have to climb while us guys suffer from bruises and the nightmare that is acrophobia.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
i climbed a lot of trees when i was younger. i remember climbing a star-apple tree, coconut tree, and others. the worst experience i have was when i was making a nest for the birds in a star-apple tree in the front yard. when i was going down the tree, my foot slept one of the branch and i fell down. i had a cut in the head that made me bleed.
yeah its like baptism isn't it? even my dad fell from a mango tree when we were on the farm. he put his feet at a brittle branch and fell several meters high. after that he can't believe what happened to him and he was like humbled. he suffered a sprain with his foot.