I Finally Saw "Ben-Hur", One on my "Must-See" List

@anniepa (27240)
I've written before about how, although I've always considered myself to be a "movie-buff" there are still some very important movies I'd never gotten around to seeing. I've been trying to make it a point to see as many of the films considered to be "must see" movies as possible. A few days ago I finally saw "Ben-Hur" and I sure wasn't disappointed. I can assure anyone who may not think a "religious epic" type movie is for them that it's still a very worthwhile movie to see. It seemed amazing to see how YOUNG Charlton Heston was then. He won the Best Actor Oscar that year and it's hard to believe that was his only win. I even found myself getting quite excited during the chariot race. I guess when you're a race fan it doesn't really matter what KIND of horsepower it is, right? Anyway, who else has seen this film and what are your thoughts? Annie
Ok. I think I can talk now . I am over the shock that you hadn't seen Ben Hur. I have seen it so many times I can say the dialogue along with the actors! And still the Chariot race Still Trills me Each time I see it. You are correct, You don't have to be into Christianity to like this film. It is a great film.
@anniepa (27240)
I know, it's a shock to ME...lol! I've seen thousands of movies, I'm sure, and I've always been a huge movie fan and yet there are some biggies I've somehow not yet seen. I AM trying to correct that. I check the guide on my TV every day to see what good movies are coming up and I make sure to set them to record. That is, when my damn DVR is working right! If they don't get it fixed when they come on Tuesday I'm going to have to switch to satellite or something. Annie
I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Thanks for the best response.
@jwfarrimond (4474)
I can't believe that you have only just seen "Ben Hur" I've lost count of the times that I've seen it, it's one of the great film classics of all time
@anniepa (27240)
I know, I can't believe it either! I'll no doubt see it again now that I've finally watched it once. Annie