Neighbour sick.. and not making me sleep

@Jargoness (1193)
Israel
Okay, it may sound a little selfish if I say it like this. The fact is, I live in a flat with my parents and have two.. no, three, terribly noisy neighbors. The family in the apartment above flooded ours twice and torments us with the television. At night. Another guy is a dj, so you can imagine all the mess he does. The other neighbor instead, made all the walls shake with loud music and games.. until I kindly told him to stop. Lol. The problem is, that this guy's been vomiting for a year or more, now. Every single night. I mean, I'm sorry he's sick. I wonder if he takes drugs or is an alcoholic, actually. Anyway, it's really hard to sleep with these.. not very pleasant sounds. Do you have annoying neighbours as well? How do you cope with them?
@cbeee3 (2064)
Oh my! You poor dear. I have not had this bad an experience. But I do know one rather unusual family staying upstairs. The woman of the house had some psychological problem. She used to start breaking things and screaming at her kids at the strangest hours of the night. But before we did something about it she got help and now things are under control. In fact, we have gotten to know her and she seems fairly sober and nice now. I think the best thing you can do is approach the landlord or the leasing office, like most others have mentioned. Having neighbors like the ones you have mentioned must be a real nightmare. I hope things get sorted out real soon!
@Jargoness (1193)
• Israel
Wow. You did have a bad experience with neighbors I find the screaming to be even more disturbing than the vomiting thing.. I'm glad that woman found some help.
@cbeee3 (2064)
Aww, Thank you for the BR. That was very kind of you. I sure hope your neighbor situation gets better too. God bless you hun.
@Jargoness (1193)
• Israel
You're welcome As of now it seems like my sick neighbor is less.. sick. I hope he's better, both for him and me, lol.
@besthope44 (12145)
Well, i dont have neighbour, but the rats from the neighbours home, comes to my home. You know rats are real nuisance and we had lots of troubles. I dont know there are more rats on their home. Neighbours are real friends and some times little burden too!
@Jargoness (1193)
• Israel
..I don't know if I should laugh or not I wonder if the rats were your real neighbors at this point! Why did they come to your house?
@harumi (11)
• Greece
i think you can do the same thing to your neighbour,let them to know how terrible it is.
@Jargoness (1193)
• Israel
Should I try vomiting? It'd be very unpleasant Jokes apart, these people wouldn't be bothered by loud music or anything, I'm afraid.. I'd end up annoying my 'good' neighbours instead. :/
@umit_umit (1986)
well sometime i also feel very irritated about this behaviour!but sometimes i help them too !
@Jargoness (1193)
• Israel
How do you help them? What do they do?
that is bad, maybe they are all sleep at day and night is their best living so there it is.. i don't have those neighbors noisy neighbors you have that is a sad and angry life you got.
@Jargoness (1193)
• Israel
No no. They make a mess day and night Except the sick guy. He vomits only at night.
@ifa225 (11098)
i have one, my neighbor have so many kids, they are really disturbing with yelling, screaming voices. while i want to have some rest, i just go to my grandma's house or my sister's house to move on just for one day. there were quiet, so when i get back to my house, i am ready for another screaming voices.
@Jargoness (1193)
• Israel
You know, this is a very good idea.. spending some time in a quiet house to be ready for mine. Now I just have to find such house..
@Tallygirl09 (1385)
Wow. Quite a set of neighbors that. The fellow with the vomiting might be bulimic since he doesn't sound like he's on cancer treatments or anything like that. I think I'd prefer by far the loud music. If I hear someone retching it makes me cringe. Sounds like the walls are far too thin! I'd invest in some ear plugs as that would help alot. Back when I lived in apartments in Boston, I had one neighbor who boiled cabbage every night,,,it was awful to come thru the front door of the building and be hit in the face by that scent. Smells rotten to me. So I'd have to rush down the hall to get to my apartment. Once inside it was better but it would linger for abit too. Only lived there the exact year to the day of the lease, and the cabbage smell was a big part of it. Take care!
@Jargoness (1193)
• Israel
Bulimic.. he may be. :/ A funny thing is that this guy, before he got sick, had an argument with my father; he claimed that there was no way we could hear his music, because the walls were too thick. LOL. And cabbage? Every night? Ewww... didn't he get sick of it?
• Brazil
OMG! Luckly I never had such a thing. I don't know man, but I think the best thing you can do is move out, find another home (this time search for a peaceful place lol), becouse if the guy is sick, there's nothing you can do to stop him to vomit, unless he move out or get healed.
@Jargoness (1193)
• Israel
I wish moving out was this easy.. It's very expensive, besides my parents bought this apartment, so I'd be a little reluctant to leave it.. even if the guy keeps vomiting, lol. I wonder if he's getting healed or something.. it's quiet tonight, so maybe he's feeling better.. or is not at home.
@sid556 (31005)
Hi Jargoness, The loud music you can complain about. Most places have rules where you have to be quiet after a certain time at night. As for the sounds of someone vomitting, I hate to say it but there is not much that can be done about that short of you moving. If it were me, I'd put on some music to block the sound. I would much rather fall asleep to music than the sound of vommiting.
@satya4186 (280)
my dear friend ya this is may be right but according to my view that which type of problem is going on your neighbor it is very most important if he has a tipcal problem and you have any idea to remove there problem or advise him that what have to do him .....are i am right because if we help my neighbor so he will help me when i have problem .............
@topffer (36061)
• Svalbard And Jan Mayen
Your discussion remembers me the years I spent in student residences. The first year, I really hate the guy who was learning hunting corn at 3 am with cassettes near me : I was timid and timorous. Two years later, I was surrounded by african music on the right side and high pitched moans on the left side. I knocked so many times at left wall and at the right door that my neighbors became friends : I ate the spicest cassoulet I've ever ate in one side, and sold honey to my perverted neighbor in the other side. When I wanted to study one or two nights, I had just to say it to my new friends : I was surrounded by a deep silence. Thirty years later, I'm still in contact with them. Try to speak to and understand your neighbors : I'm quite sure they will do their best to understand you
@redphile (2265)
i agree you should consult your landlord about it. Or since your neighbors, you may try to talk to them and get to a compromise.
@rsa101 (15507)
• Quezon City, Philippines
I am so sorry that you have that kind of a neighbor. I think you can complain that with your landlord but I do not know what other rights you have to complain. I guess the next best thing you can do if there is no other option is to transfer residence.