5-6 small meals?

@soulburn (414)
Romania
I have heard that eating 5-6 meals per day instead of 3-4 big ones is way better! Is it true? Is it safe? Can you drop the weight? Does it have any negative effect on people of all ages? [children,teens,adults,elders] ?
I've heard that 5-6 small meals per day, or essentially, snacks, is much better for metabolism than 3-4 big ones. Keeping blood sugar steady throughout the day by grazing is a way to keep energy levels up and avoid stretching the stomach. Your body's metabolism will work at a steady pace, so it will never slow down.
@soulburn (414)
Thank you!
@luvstochat (6916)
Yes it is a very good way especially for people who are diabetic as eating several small meals keeps their blood sugar in tact my mom went on a diabetic diet she ate 6 times a day but it was all healthy food she has breakfast, lunch and dinner and 3 healthy snacks also eating this way will keep you from getting hungry so you wont eat as much at your meals. It should not effect anyone negatively as long as the food is healthy.