Pet Shop, a good business???

Hi to all mylotters out there! I would like to have your opinion about a certain business. My mom has a lot of dogs... we have like almost 10 dogs here with different breeds. Every breed has its own partner of same breed. We are planning to open a small petshop and I would like to get your opinion if pet shops are great as business. I'll be waiting for your responses. You guys are great help.
@ifa225 (11098)
every business which take a seriously , full with patient and have an uniquely to other store will have a big possibilities to succeed.Good marketing is the best way too to your store to get well known. i hope you can make it, happy business...
Thank you very much!
@grayxenon (1307)
you have to choice well the place where you will put up your business.. you have to target upper class citizens/customers..since pet shop is more of a luxury than a need for average consumer..
for a pet business,I think a grooming salon for pets is much better.I pity animals in the shelters.they don't get adopted because some prefer to buy in pet shops.if they don't get adopted,they'll be put to sleep.I suggest you rather have a grooming salon for pets.a grooming salon with a pet store where people can buy food,toys,and accessories for their pets.if I were you I would keep the puppies for myself,or give them to animal-love friends.they can even be "models" to the pet shop.
@nangisha (3504)
Wow great sum of dog you have there! I think pet shop and grooming will be a good idea because today there are so many people own pet at home. I think your pet shop has to offer something unique than other pet shop and good service too. Don't just sell a dog!