Research I've been doing: to save your teeth, eat some cheese.

@writersedge (22579)
Different articles on the net said that if you eat something with acid in it or drink something with high acid in it, then eat cheese. It's a base and has calcium in it. There are more ideas for helping to keep your teeth online if you research. Explains wine and cheese parties. I like fruit and cheese anyway, esp. grapes and cheese. So what do you like with cheese? How are your teeth doing? What have you been researching?
Since I drink mostly 7up my dentist says that the acid is harmful to my teeth. So, thanks for the heads up about the cheese giving me more calcium. As we as women need more calcium as we age anyway, that is a very rational thought. And calcium supplement pills would upset my stomach too much. So, every little bit counts. Researching? I am always researching something. Not a day goes by that I don't learn something new. I keep my mind OPEN to new ideas, but check them out. So, I'm off to research this claim of yours that eating cheese helps your teeth. Unless you already have a link I can go to?
I found several articles that suggest that cheese, because of the calcium from milk it was created from, MAY prevent cavities and be beneficial. http://www.medicinalfoodnews.com/vol08/issue1/cheese http://worldental.org/nutrition/10-most-healthy-foods-for-teeth/
@LadyBoss (253)
Thats interesting. Ive never heard this before. Maybe I should go make a grilled cheese sandwhich.
@writersedge (22579)
Sounds like a good idea to me. And to get maximum benefit, brush your teeth one hour after eating.
Hi writer, I do like cheese but I do not drink. I take vitamins and calcium natural pills. Calcium pills will help you to and it help keep bones strong to. I take garlic pills and eat fresh garlic, I use fish oil tabs and vitamin B's. I have still had to have work done on my teeth. But I make sure I take care of my teeth and go to the dentist.
I read #5. you are right sometimes the things we eat can be a big part of it. Heredity can do that to you to I agree. I have known of people getting in accidents and there teeth getting messed up. Sometimes the dentist can replace teeth. You think all movie stars have there real teeth and being all pearl white? I don't think so.
@writersedge (22579)
I know they don't have their natural anything, the movie stars. Look at Arnold Swartzenager (spelling?), his teeth went from not so great to a million dollar smile. Most people just have all that stuff done before they become famous.
Some can afford to get stuff done to there self before they become famous. But some can't afford it either. Sometimes they make money or get even loans to get there teeth done. Look at the shows they use to have on TV. Where you got a complete make over. Like teeth pulled and new ones screwed in,nose job,face done, different hair color the whole works. They may have come out looking better but not one of them looked like they were them selves.
@ybong007 (6659)
i like cheese but i dont consume much of it because it's too salty for me. I was not aware though that it help improve bone and teeth strengh due to its calcium content. I still rely on the flouride in my tootpaste to maintain the health of my teeth and gums.
@writersedge (22579)
My dentist told me that flouride helps to build teeth, but they also need calcium-esp. once they are finished building. Most Swiss cheeses don't have very much salt. Provalone usually has more salt than Swiss, but that is still less than cheddar or American that have a ton of salt in them. You can make your own paneer, mozarella (spelling?), and cottage cheese-any short aging cheese or quick cheese with very little or no salt. You can use herbs or spices that don't have salt in them for flavoring. I helped make herbed mozorella one time, it was great! I even losed the fresh whey, tastes nothing like the dried junk for bodybuilders. Thanks and take care.
Yeah because cheese is made of milk and milk has a lot of calcium that is good for the bones and teeth.
@writersedge (22579)
Yes, and less lactose, which is a sugar, which isn't. Thanks and take care.
@salonga (27961)
Sometimes cheese are just too salty so I don't really eat much of them. I advise you folks who still have good set of teeth to take care of them. It is so hard to have false denture. Take this word from me, I am now suffering with false denture. This is the worst that happened to me. I hate wearing this denture that keeps hurting my gum.
@writersedge (22579)
Yes, many cheeses are salty. But if they're not long-aged cheeses, they don't have to be. Most swiss cheeses aren't salty. Many provalones (spelling?) aren't. If you make your own cheese and it's not long-aged, you can reduce or not use salt at all, like your own paneer, paner(spelling), cottage cheese, yogurt cheese, and mozorella (spelling?). Yes, I'm trying to fight having all my teeth taken out. So I thought this would be a good topic to start to help others, too. So thank you for appreciating my topic.
@monkeylong (3147)
As far as I am concerned, I think my teeth is so good now. I do not know where you have this research. I think you are right. As to the cheese, I think I am not a lover of it. I do not like to eat the things with milk at all. So I think I amy choose another way to keep my teeth in good health. Have a nice day.
@writersedge (22579)
That doesn't surprise me. You are from China. You're probably Asian. Many Asians and some other groups as well and some individuals from every race, can't tolerate lactose or something else in milk (like casien, casium-spelling?). I dated a Korean guy that couldn't even stand to watch me drink or eat anything having to do with dairy (milk). He said, "It's for babies.Yuck!" But I'm a French decendent and it's not unusual for us to have 3 to 6 milk products per day. Dairy Farms and many types of cheese are a big thing among French people. It's a different heritage. It's like rice is a big part of your life, probably, but it meant nothing to me growing up. Unless it was in rice pudding, I didn't like it at all. I had rice, maybe 3 to 5 times a year. Now, thanks to Chinese restaurants, I'm starting to like it. But only at Asian restaurants. I cook it, it's like starch or glue to me. So what do Asians who do not like/eat dairy (milk) products do for calcium? I've always wondered that. Our primary grain is wheat, so we eat lots of bread (rice is a lot easier to prepare and takes less money) instead of rice. So figuring out how we go without rice is easy. But what is your way of getting something for strong bones and teeth?
• Marion, Kansas
I have been researching very little today. This last week and this week I have worked almost full time. I do not have to have it, but it is nice. Makes my freelance person unhappy with me, though. I like cheese, of all kinds. I like bleu cheese crumbles on my butternut squash soup. With pecans. I need to find something to research, so that I can use my MyLot search bar a little more. I think I knew cheese was good for your teeth. It is good to have it confirmed, though.
@writersedge (22579)
The willows with the fuzzy cute things on them are out. But Mylot won't let me use the p word to describe them. I also can't seem to upload my picture of them. I wanted to start a craft discussion about them. But I tried three times last night, I just wanted a quick discussion starter before going to bed, so I gave up. You could try researching willows in spring. Then if I ever get the discussion up and running, you can participate. That butternut squash soup sounds better all the time. Wish I lived down the road from you, I'd be bugging you to sample some! My friend brought me Brie the other day. The Salvation Army was going to throw out whatever it didn't use for the week. She rescued the Brie. Nobody wanted it. Up here cheddar is king because we have a cheddar making place. The sharper, the cheddar, the better here. If it's not American, cheddar-sharp, or swiss, most people won't eat it. I loved it. Thanks and take care.
@kquiming (2999)
Nice topic. Well it makes sense - cheese is made with milk and milk is a good source of calcium. Everyone knows that one of the ways to healthy teeth is to get the daily recommended intake of calcium. I've never thought of researching about keeping the teeth healthy online - as I've always done my best to do it with the basics, with what I already know (brushing 3 times a day, eat foods with calcium and vitamin D in it, use a good toothpaste and mouthwash, things like that). I usually get my calcium from drinking soy milk and eating canned sardines and eggs. As for cheese, I have no particular favorite. But I love eating them or adding them to food whenever available.
@writersedge (22579)
Thank you. Well, when you get older, teeth are harder to keep. Esp. if you eat lost of acid foods. I love fruit, juice, tea, things with lots of acid. The websites also said to not brush teeth when they are soft from acid, you can scrape away the calcium. So it said to eat cheese and wait an hour before brushing. Thanks ankd take care.
@besthope44 (12146)
Well, i am worried about my teeth. As i had all funs on my teeth at child days. And now few are not ordered and strong. I love cheese. Thanks for sharing this. Let me start exploring and wanted to save my teeth until am 60yrs.
@writersedge (22579)
I just checked, you're 28. I'm 52, so my 60s aren't that far from now. I hope your teeth last all of your life. You are from Inida, they make paneer that is made with vinegar. I wonder if there is enough base and calcium to counteract the acid-vinegar in the cheese or if most of the vinegar drains out when it is finishing up. I find many aspects of India fascinating. Although I've never been there. I do watch travel shows about India when I can. I also read acticles in magazines. So many diverse cultures there and so many different foods. Thanks and take care.
thanks for the suggestion. i also do love cheese!. i even eat it without bread or potato.hehehe. but cheese now cost so much here. so i have to cut down my cheese intake to be able to save.