Have to Deal with Bullies?

I remember when I was in 4th year high school, during our vacant period, we don’t have a teacher, and we were all noisy inside the classroom. One of my classmates, who happens to be a girl and has been “pestering” me since first year high school. All she does is talk behind my back and insulting me. Everybody knows I’m gay but I’m not that vulgar… I don’t mind her and keeps on ignoring her. I know that talk to her face to face or fight her won’t do me any good. I call her inside my head the ‘hippopotamus’. She is skinny but she has a big nose with the holes like a hippo… So during that vacant period, while I was chatting with my classmate I saw at the corner of my eye that the hippo’s eyeing on me. She went to the first blackboard, wrote my full name and changes it in a girlie name. So I stand up and went to the blackboard and erase it. I thought she’s already finished. She went to the middle blackboard and wrote again while I was erasing. And she wrote again at the third blackboard. While I was erasing at the third she’s writing again in the first blackboard! Before she have the time to write again in the middle we cross path and I said to her “What is your problem? Are you not going to stop?!” Then as if I saw a hippo fuming fire in her nostrils she said “What? Why? What are you going to do to me?!” I knew it. This is the time that I have to stand up for myself right or wrong so I raised my right hand with the eraser and slap her! With all those chalk that I erased in the blackboard, you can imagine a white powder exploding in her face… Then I turn around and walk. She threw the eraser in my back but I didn’t do anything and ignore her… Just as exactly one of our student teacher entered our classroom… the hippo went with her crying and told her what I did to her. The teacher called me asking me why I did it to her… I explained that she’s the one who started it… Whether I’m right or wrong I have to do something… The teacher talk to her again and then that’s it. We didn’t go to the guidance counselor. I don’t know. I’m not sure but since then, she’s now the one ignoring me… How about you all myLotters? Have you ever been bullied in your life?
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Firstly, let me say how sorry I am that you have had to endure this "hippo" for such a long time. I have experienced bullying in the workplace and my husband has had to endure bullying most of this life due to how he looks. I mean, I have no problem with his red hair and his height, never have done, but many people did have a problem with it..sad isn't it? He tends to ignore bullies whereas I try to confront them when I can. As for you, I really don't think you should be punished for sticking up for yourself like that. What I can't understand is why isn't there anyone else in your class backing you up? I'd hate it if this girl got away with all the bullying she's been doing to you lately. Well done for sticking up for yourself, it was a very brave thing you did...and I would've done the same.
Haha! Thank you for "uplifting " me up hehe even if it happened more than a decade ago!I have many girlfriends and they were looking up on me and I'm sure they will back me up but I have to do it on my own... Maybe I think she's just jealous that I have many friends and she has only two... As if they were like the 3 stooges! Now I remember, the fat, the beautiful but dumb and the hippo! The three of them were always together... As for your husband, in your place is that a big issue if a man has red hair?
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Sorry, I wasn't concentrating properly on your discussion and realised after my post that the incidents you mention happened years ago!As for my husband and the red hair, yes it is still an issue in this country...you look a bit different and you get picked on, it's a sad fact of life. I really cannot understand people who have nothing else better to do other than make another person's life a misery. As he's got older the bullying seems to have stopped, especially since I've come along. There was a guy who used to bully him relentlessly on the coach that went to the odd away game for our football team..and the guy doing the bullying didn't even LIKE football! He just went to get really drunk and to pick on my husband. Once I came along..lo and behold, this guy got banned from the trips! They should've done it years ago but chose not to. Two-faced people really get on my nerves as well, they're as bad as the bullies in my opinion. The times I had "friends" of John coming up to me and saying, "I should've done something" is sickening.
Now I remember, one of the characters in Harry Potter is red headed. Ron Weasley and his siblings and his father too. I have to watch or read again the Harry Potter if he were bullied... Anyway, there will come a time for bullies to stop...I think just like what happened to the guy your talking about... You were the one who gave him a dose of his own medicine....lol
@humairaku (2040)
thank God, I never got bullied during my school life. There are some reasons why I never been bullied during my school time: 1) I was smart when I was in school. I think smart student was respected with others. though I was an easy nervous person, but my friends never bullied me. 2) I was tall enough for children with the age like me. maybe, my friends thought that I as also strong enough, so they're afraid to bully me. . 3) in my school time, bullying was not a good thing to do. most of the students were ordinary children with no bad behavior, so bullying was not to common at that time.
Well, goody for you humairaku! You didn't experience to be bullied in your high school life... As for me, I think I maybe wrong to what I did but the good thing for me is that I discovered to myself that I am capable of doing something that I thought I cannot do...