do you hear news on mylot before you hear it on the "news"?

This has happened to me several times. I hear something here on mylot and then the next day or so it's on my yahoo home page like it's brand new news! I'm like, "Gee I already knew that!" How about you? Do you hear news first here or on the news?
• Estonia
I haven't experienced that yet, because there are many discussions that appear just recently after the news hit the media. It seems that there are many people who like bringing the hot topics from news to the myLot in order to create a popular discussion.
I don't mind that if it's really interesting. But I am hearing things here before I ever hear them on other news sources! It's just seems funny that after I've already hashed out a discussion then the world knows. lol!
@jugsjugs (13045)
I tend to hear all what is going on all over the world on here and to be honest i think it is great that people talk about the news on here as other wise some of the things i would not have known as my children tend to make a noise when the news comes on.The evening news i an usually doing dinner so i do not even get time to watch that anymore so it is great that there are people out there talking about all that has gone on.I say its another added bonus being on here.
I like hearing news from a variety of sources. That's good because it can be so slant4d it's good to hear from a lot of different places to have a balanced knowledge of what's going on! You can listen to the two extremes and balance it out in the middle somewhere for truth! ha!
macdingolinger love that user name. he he. yes I quite often get the news here on my lot first then later realize I already knew about that news'and wondered why. oh yes mylot news of course. I do have a tendency to read all the news here in the mornings when I can sign on. I even respond to some of the news items just for fun.
ty- it's an old high school nickname!! IT's happened to me several times now. I see and respond to something here and then here it on the news!
@phoenix8606 (4978)
hell0! nope, it happens really rare, because I read the newspaper every day and i also watch the news channels every morning when I get up and while I take a breakfast i watch the news on the TV. well, sometimes I also read something from here, because the news from some far away countries come later here or also never if it is something not so important!
@myfb2009 (8304)
Same like you, some of the international news when i missed watched them on tv, i am able to hear the news from Mylot. That's why, i like to visit Mylot, since i can get updated news of almost everything from all around the world. It's good that way, so we will not missed out any news everyday. Besides that, i am happy to exchange and gain some new knowledge through Mylot everyday. It's good to see Mylot is giving us some extra income for our participant in the daily discussions in Mylot.
@singlemommy (2953)
That has happened to me too. Normally if I read about something on MyLot then I will do a search and see where it might be posted online.