Lawsuit against comcast for slowing their internet speeds when people use p2p

i got something in the mail saying that there was a lawsuit against comcast cable (my internet company also) because apparently they were slowing down the internet on some people that were downloading torrents peer to peer stuff.. they said if you think you have been affected contact us etc etc.. am i the only one thinking that people that call there will get caught for illegal downloading since thats what the lawsuit is for? sounds like a bait to catch the pirates out there!! but wouldnt that be entrapment? to have a fake lawsuit or even a real one to gather up people to later prosecute for pirating? if you were one that was affected would you join in on the lawsuit or stay away in case it was a trap?
It seems like a scam to me, because how did they know you have comcast internet??? Does comcast have the right to tell anyone you use their company?? When did you get this because i havent gotten one and thats the company i use as well. Now if they are filing a lawsuit and wanting more people to back it, wouldnt they send it out to everyone who uses comcast and not just a set few. It just all around seems fishy to me.
it came in my last bill.. a little piece of paper
Comcast sent you your bill and throw in a paper saying they are being sued??? Then yeah i think they are trying to catch pirates.
@KcLKcL (182)
Actually, traffic shaping (slowing down Internet speed while doing certain things) is for reduce bandwidth usage. Because P2P programs always use a lot of bandwidth. I don't know about this kind of lawsuit, in my country there's no serious law about illegal content, thus everyone is still downloading illegal material via P2P or HTTP.