Volcano Eruptions

@benhilo (873)
Tripoli, Libya
This past Saturday there were four major eruption around the world. Icelandic volcano erupted for the first time in over two hundred years. Eruptions were also on in the Philippines, in Africa and in the Galapagos Island. Is it me or does this strike you as too coincidental. I wonder if it has anything to do with what happen in Chile? Any thoughts?
@peavey (15874)
It really does make you wonder, doesn't it? And they keep saying there aren't any more earthquakes than usual... but the ones we've had have been large ones. Anything that goes on under the earth has to affect everything else.
@benhilo (873)
• Tripoli, Libya
I agree. Thanks for responding.
@peavey (15874)
Thanks for "best response." :)
@mysdianait (63986)
There was also an earthquake in Cuba which got very little coverage It all seems just too coincidental to me. The volcanoes erupt and whatever comes out from the heart of the Earth then leaves a space. Earthquakes follow or the other way round. I have no knowledge whatsoever in this field but I don't thin it takes much to realises that there has tobe some connection - and wonder what will be next
@benhilo (873)
• Tripoli, Libya
If you would like to know more, check out earthquake.usgs.gov/, it's a great up to the minute site to monitor earthquakes. Great educational section too. Thanks for your response!
@yresh12 (3222)
I'm from the Philippines but I did not know where the eruption took place. I wasn't watching the news the last couple of days....