Have you used a PDA ? Are you still using a PDA ?

@topffer (29940)
France
My last PalmOS PDA is dead tonight. It is a Palm Lifedrive, the worst PalmOS PDA I ever had. It was slow and not stable, resetting times to times, and I bought a Windows Mobile smartphone in 2007 to replace it. I loved my first Palm : a IIIe with 2 Mo only of RAM, that I upgraded to 8 Mo of RAM. Then I had two Sony Clie : great PalmOS PDAs ! Now I want to replace my dead 4 Go microdrive with a CF card in order to keep a living Palm -- nostalgy ! --, but, frankly, I don't know what I'll do tomorrow. Have you used a PDA ? Are you still using a PDA ? What is/was your best PDA ?
@rsa101 (13337)
I am not sure about that but I am seeing lesser and lesser people using that nowadays. I think that is because with the coming of cellphones PDA is fast becoming obsolete since you can also do what PDA is for in your own personal cellphone besides that fact that it is primarily used for in communications.
@topffer (29940)
• France
I'm using now my -- old -- Windows Mobile smartphone, and I think like you that PDAs are obsoletes now. I kept my last Palm to use some great Palm softwares, with no counterpart on a cellphone.
@rsa101 (13337)
I also see in techie stores less of the PDAs anymore and there seems to be no upgrades of the product anymore. I think the trending right now is integrate the two together just like the Iphone of Apple and LG, Samsung cellphone and even Nokia is developing their phones towards becoming like a PDA already. That is why it is more getting unpopular nowadays.
@bavneet (128)
i also use palm in beginning it is quite good but after 5 months it creates some problem like hanging,automatic restart,connectivity problem so i sale it of and purchase a new blackberry storm2 it is also nice phone.
@topffer (29940)
• France
We took quite the same route. Palm were great PDAs under system 3 and 4. This Lifedrive was sold to me as a high end Palm device and is/was worst than my previous clie tj37. The tj was good, except the battery life (it's why I replaced it) : I've never had a PalmOS5 PDA fitting my needs. My next phone will be an iphone or a blackberry. The storm2 with its large screen and good camera is very nice. Thanks for sharing.
@srikool (936)
hi friend.. i dont have any idea about the pda ...i never used pda in my life time...what is that....from your discussion i can guess it must be a computer...i mean system...like laptop and palmtop...am i right... just wonder...i cmae here to reply to you.....what is that pda...have a nice time with mylot....
@topffer (29940)
• France
hi srikool, pda is for personal digital assistant : it's a palmtop, you're right. thanks and have a nice day.