Mug it up or understand?

Hi MyLotters, Everyone of us has passed through school days.What you have done with the books?Do you cram up the whole book so that you end up making a good score at exams or try to understand so that you could pass the knowledge on to your next generation?Let me know from you,dear. Thanks, Happy MyLotting!!
@yresh12 (3222)
Back In High school. I really do study hard. I memorized the things that I read word for word to avoid more mistakes. I think that it really helps to study. You don't have to look at somebody else's place just to get answers. I'm the type that gives rather than receive.
Hi, Good student,hmm!!Yes,that memorizing word by word leads to good score. Thanks for commenting, Happy MyLotting!!
@yresh12 (3222)
No problem. I was a good student. I can't call myself a good one when I reached college.
@siliguri (4051)
When i able to understand there is no need to mug it...but it is unable to me to understand what have written then i mug it...I had completed my school days in this way only...
hi siliguri, I think scoring is also important to you.Isn't it?Yes,most of the time we mug because we fail to understand. Thanks for commenting Happy MyLotting!!
@advokatku (4039)
I'm never tried to memorize the contents of textbook but I always try to understand it ... I think stuffing the brain with a book that works only work of vain because our brain memory is limited, it is better we try to understand because the brain will continue to keep it
Hi advokatku, Yes,quite justified!There is no point of stuffing the brain without understanding the content. Thanks for commenting, Happy MyLottng!!
• Estonia
Well, if it's about mathematics or physics then yes, I try to understand the principles of doing the operations so I can use this knowledge to perform different calculations on my own. I memorize only the basic formulas I need to perform these operations, usually other formulas can be derived from basic ones. If it's history or something similar, then I try to get into the topic, so I know, what has happened and why and then it's easy to remember all the sequence of occasions. It seems that I'm really into understanding the topic and not just mugging it up.