Are you Aware of All the Genders of your friends here on myLot?

Well, this question came up in my mind when 2 of my friends today ask me about my gender. Well, perhaps my username is not really revealing of who am I. [i] I am a guy for those who do not know about my gender.[/i] And in my case too, I have several friends here I do not know if a guy or girl... there are really usernames hard to identify specially if you find it bothersome to look at their profiles, or unless if they are using their own face pics. I have one idol here for his good discussions, for around two months I had assumed he is really female---I had just discovered he is not when he used his face pics already as his avatar... So, are you aware of all the genders of your friends here on mylot? *Everyday here on myLot is Learning and Fun* Prime
@mysdianait (64056)
There is only one that I am not sure about at the moment. When I am not sure then I watch how they write and what they talk about and it usually comes through in their writing. The one I am not sure about has a boyfriend but... now I know that today boys have boyfriends and girls have girlfriends but I am not convinced yet
Tita---, who??? So how do you find me before? Not confused?
@mysdianait (64056)
Naaaahhhhhhhh! You didn't confuse me ever... yet
And you never confused me too------during my first day here, I was caught by your sexy username... cheers Tita....
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I thought you were, but did look on your profile to see what your gender was. My username gives away my gender as my username indicates I am a girl, of which is true. I know there are some usernames that can be unisexual yours included! :D
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Guy huh!
I'm afraid you guessed it Lamb...
@yresh12 (3222)
Hey what username are you using there?
I have this happened twice. I had a female friend who use a guy's pic as her avatar and I just assumed she was a guy. and I have a friend who I thought was a female but he is all male. When I found out I wrote him and explained That I thought he was female.We have been good friends ever since.
So that was a blessing in disguise sarah...
Yes. It was.
And as what you have said, such sort of incident is a start of good friendship....
@saphrina (31739)
• South Africa
And what should i call you then?? Kidding. I know what most of my friends are. It is only the newer ones i sometimes struggle with. But we will get there eventually.
Good for you my B... hahahaha, I could not just help myself but laugh when I would think that in the middle of our very serious discussion, someone would pause and ask me politely if I am male or female... and until now I am really enjoying at it... well, she is one of my good friends here...
@saphrina (31739)
• South Africa
Yes, i can imagine. But at least that is sorted now. Enjoy.
I guess she would come in here too... oh, it a stress reliever...
@zed_k4 (17627)
I know that already..from the way you write.. awesome. I call you Prime, like Optimus Prime, LOLz.. Anyway, you are cool.. and for me, it doesn't matter male or female, if they are a great bunch, I am cool being friends, interacting and all that.
Hiya Zed... gosh, I am flattered again... And I look into yours, I have no doubt, you are the sexy guy ever on myLot.... Yes, it doesn't matter whether male or female... as long as we enjoy here... There are just some cases that we should know it as to address them properly...
@mysdianait (64056)
Sexy guy??? Zed is much more than just sexy!
hunk--------------
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
If I can't tell, I go look. So eventually I am aware...
You are the model dawn, that should be the right thing to do, well, I am lazy sometimes too...
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
So am I, but eventually I get over there!
And I hope I would too----
@May2k8 (6835)
I know you, you are a beautiful guy and as long as I use this name I feel like I'm woman. Many people mention my name with the word mom.I am generally able to distinguish their species with only seeing what the word issued from their mouth.
Oh, Thank you May2k8, I am intrigue now, can you tell me where are you from? And no doubt, even I would not go to your profile, I know then that you are a woman, a pretty one! So, how about mom, if I may ask....
@May2k8 (6835)
it is why people sometimes call me with wrong gender, it was clear in my profile and everything I mentioned in there.What if I put pictures of my mother in my avatar and I hide my gender, I think maybe people do not believe that's me.
But I guess they are not confuse of your gender already as I am not really confuse about it---you made it so clear...
my username gives my gender doesnt it.. well i cant make out your gender from your username though.. and i dunnothe gender of most of my friends..
You have a very nice username---so I know then you are guy... oh, you should find it out whether they are girl or boy soon...
thanks a lot.. i will try to find out soon.. by the way are you a boy or a girl...
I am a guy...
@Ramsesxlll (1436)
• Finland
Okay, I did know your gender though xD I do know most of my myLot friend's gender, but not the one of all. I mostly recognize the gender from the avatar and username together... Btw... I am a guy, if someone's wondering...
Did you remember me asking you if I should call your Bro or Sis???? Because I could not identify your gender that time.... so it's good that you mentioned it now... And oopppssss----see???? I noticed the difference now... I am happy!
• Finland
I do remember ;D It is good though to tell people of what gender you are...
Yes, so that we can address them properly Ram....
@Gany15k (1674)
I'm aware of some mylot users.Sometimes we can judge people by their way of speaking.Yes male and female talks differently.So there is a chance to judge their gender.Only one time I miss judged.I thought it was a girl but it is a boy. Based on the profile name we can't judge for sure....
yes you are right there dude... but sometimes a male and female could not be distinguish by their writings too...
@Gany15k (1674)
ya...but there is a chance to find..
agree as there are lots of clue...
@shello (964)
• United Arab Emirates
When I started MyLot I never thought that I could meet some new friends so I don't usually look at someone's profile. When I got to respond in a certain discussion I don't mind looking at the moderator's gender. But today I found out that one of my friend is actually a man I was really thinking that he is a female too. I got the chance to check it in his profile and I've seen one of his photo and yes he is really a man. Hey Prime my friend, her goes my 100th post. Thanks and I'm excited of my star too. LOL!
So I told you, you will be surprised with your star my friend... congratulations!!!!! hahahaha, I know who he is....
@shello (964)
• United Arab Emirates
Of course Prime! You perfectly know him. Now I have my star and when can I have the next one? I'm super excited.
Your next star? Well, I guess it's not too long for you... you are just brilliant---I mean that...
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
honestly i am not aware of all my friends gender...but only for the ones who use their personal pictures or use a fake male or female pictures which can identify them...i know for sure it can be bothersome not to know our friends gender especially in a discussion and we don't have the time to check out their profiles to know who they really are.but sometimes during a discussion and based on a person response i can only assume that they are male or female...like if the person mention my boyfriend..my girlfriend...that kind of thing will let me know and identify their gender but apart from that and being in normal and regular discussion that talks about earning and everything else i can't assume anyone gender.
yes, you are right dolly, and guess what, you are sexy with your yellow suit... or I do not know how to term your attire... Anyway, I guess it's really important to know the person's genders, as a female must be fragile, am I right? And I even mentioned about the gf/bf thing, there are still few who are confuse whether I am a guy or not... well, I guess again, I have to use my face pic back... good bye to rising sun...
Yes, that's right my friend, I have to be careful next time....
perhaps they sound like that...
That's an interesting question. I haven't thought about it buy I know most of my mylot friends' gender. Sometimes people have their pictures as their profile picture and you can tell and sometimes they have their name in their username. There are some friends that I don't know their gender but it doesn't really matter. If I know I know but if I don't know I'm fine with that too.
Oh, great my friend... so from your username, you are obviously a woman... I find it good to know one's gender so that I could address each of my friend here properly...
I know some of the peoples genders that I talk to on here but usually I don't really worry about it. I find that not knowing makes the discussion just a little more honest in the fact that I do not become concerned with being politically gender correct. I post my thoughts based solely on the fact that they are my thoughts and how I would answer the discussion if it were simply presented to me with no bais.
That is helpful too in your case sleepy. I could not argue with you because you have a good reason too... for me, I want to know them in terms of there gender specially if we had talked a long time already to address them properly, sometimes friendship would become stronger if you can even call them by their nickname...
@besthope44 (12145)
Well, even am not aware of the genders, its like i would imagine the person is girl or boy. But for sure, i am wrong sometimes. However i go for the good discussions and not much think of what the person is. Nice you revealed..lol
So besthoppe, I guess you are a woman, am I right?
@tomitomi (5441)
hi. normally i try to guess by their names or the clues they left behind in their discussion. otherwise, check their profiles. knowing who you responded to and discussed with becomes more meaningful.
That's great tomi---as it is really helpful to know the gender of the person you are talking... am I right?
@umit_umit (1986)
well,its true either one shows the picture!or tell if anybody asks about the gender!then its upto you what you may reveal!true or false!ha
hahahaha, got ya
@anurag3786 (6275)
No i don't aware of everybody's gender.. because mostly people don't specified their gender here in mylot.. so it is a problem how to know their gender.. so i think every persons should specified their gender when they created their account.. have a nice day and keep mylotting always..
You have a point my friend... yet, there are really mylotters who want appear mysteriously... that's what I guess... they will only know their gender by asking...
I have the same issue with my friends on myLot. There are a lot of usernames that are not very indicative of gender. And, when a face picture is not used it can make it very difficult. I have also had friends that I thought were one gender and later came to find out that I was wrong. Sometimes it is time consuming to go through profiles to determine gender of friends. However, I have taken the time to do this in the past in order to positively identify the gender of a friend.
@basqui (3890)
It's sad that the usernames don't reveal the true gender. Maybe Mylot should add a gender icon beside the username so friends would know. Because there are topics here that are gender sensitive and you don't know if your comment would be offending for a girl for example, while for a male, it is just okay right? We wish the admins get into this. More power!
You are right my friend, that's what I am pointing into... Sometimes, there are discussion that is gender sensitive, and to know as to who is the one we are particularly interacting about is very important, to keep a smooth conversation... Anyway, the better action we should do for the main time is to go to their profile and see what gender they belong... or if they hadn't filled up the gender info, if we found it really necessary to address them properly, we can then politely ask them along the conversation or... we would find some clues about their responses of what gender they are...
@basqui (3890)
Well, sometimes if you are occupied with so many discussions, you don't have time to check out the gender right? It's time-consuming for others. You are right, their responses reveal their gender for some, but if you really can't get it from there then it's okay to ask. Best solution really is to put a gender icon beside the username so we would know easily. And everyone should be required to fill out the gender part, right?
Yes, that's true... if we are racing to every discussion we have, so it's time consuming to look at their profile. Now I am convinced, the best solution for this is putting gender icons, great idea basqui... and we will hope that the admin will get into this...