Does Your Love to Chewing Your Shoes?

@nangisha (3504)
Indonesia
I love my dog, but this one love to chewing my shoes, so I must aware to put my shoes especially new one from him, I really to make him stop. So we give him our old pair of shoes, is this ok I hear that shoes makes especially leather put arsenik on the leather so I can last longer.
@setsuna26 (2410)
For some reason my dog is pretty much tamed hes always doing some crazy stuff but not chewing my shoes i might be able to blame the chewing with my cat instead. He loves to play alot my dog that is like when we are having our daily walks . And most importantly my dog never quarrels with my cat they both enjoy each others company i wonder why ;)
@nangisha (3504)
you are so lucky your dog not chewing your shoes. Your cat and dog enjoy each other because they been lived together since small.
@TheAdvocate (2395)
I read once that dogs like anything with a really strong smell. They can't really taste anything. Ever notice how dog food smell so strong? So I think the reason why dogs like shoes is because leather exudes a really strong smell, especially the old ones. I noticed that my dog did not go for the shoes that I cleaned with saddle soap. This was after I rescued some of my leather shoes from flood water. I am not sure if he was repulsed by the saddle soap or by the smell of flood water.
@nangisha (3504)
Really they cannot taste anything, Its the first time I hear this. I will try this saddle soap tip. thanks
@kaylachan (4776)
Most dogs and some cats love to chew on things they shouldn't. But, you shouldn't allow them to. While the animal likes to chew on the material you don't know what might be injested when they do that. hide your shoes.