What would you do?

@Thoroughrob (11750)
It was just on the news, an armored truck was going down the road and lost a bag of money at an intersection. The car behind ran over the bag and money went flying. It was over $100,000. They are asking people to turn it in, saying they have no right to it. They said at least 15 people were grabbing money. They are checking videos trying to recover it. What would you do if you seen money flying? How could it fall out in the first place? The armored truck did not even realize it and kept going. What can they do to all the people that collected and kept the money? This is really strange.
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
My answer is probably the most honest answer you'll get I'm so crippled up I would have no chance to even run to the money much less pick any of it up.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
hi grandma, haven't seen u in awhile. good to see u on here. happy wed. to u.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Much as I'd love to grab the money and run, for one thing the risk of getting caught would be far too great.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
It would be a sight wouldn't it?
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Reminds me of an old movie, The Magic Christian, with Peter Sellers and Ringo Starr, where they dump a bunch of money in a pool filled with nasty stuff (urine and I don't know what all) and show a bunch of people going after it...
hi thoroughrob well since it is not their money I would think they would be charged with stealing money from the armored truck company , and punished accordingly. the idea of taking it when they knew darned ' well that the money probably belonged to some bank, and what they took would cause great hardship to the people who put their funds in that bank. that money was not theirs to take so they were stealing. it is not finders keepers in this situation. they had to have known it came from the armored truck. shame on them. Ihave no idea how it fell out in the firstplace as usually they are so very careful as this is funds going to some bank and those funds belong to the people who bank there, and to nobody else.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
Can you imagine looking out your window and see it raining money. It sure would have been an experience. I would be afraid they would come after me too. I am sure even if people return some of it, they will not recover all of it, as they cannot prove how much each person took.
@MsTickle (24994)
I'd grab whatever I could...how could they possibly have videos? I think it's a case of their loss and they are insured aren't they? The guards didn't do their job properly. Besides, haven't they heard the LAW...."finders, keepers"?
@laglen (19780)
If I find money, I pick it up. If I can find out who it belongs to, I will give it back.
@paula27661 (15899)
It is an unusual incident. To find money and to keep it is one thing especially if it’s a small amount. I would be inclined to keep twenty bucks if I found it on the street and did not know who it belonged to but if I saw the same twenty dollars fall out of someone’s pocket I could not live with myself if I didn’t let the individual know. If I found a larger sum of money I would feel guilty keeping it. As far as money falling from the sky, tempting as it would be I would stay clear. The best rule I think is not to take what is not yours and you can’t go wrong. The people that took the cash that was lost by the truck should return it now that they know where it came from although legally I don’t know where they would stand.
@Loen210 (1533)
Especially when it is obviously somebody's loss, I would try to find them to return it. If it is just a dime with nobody anywhere, I might pick it up. Like local gyms and places I have gone, if I have ever found a whole big dollar, I always have tried to turn it in and/or ask around. Because if I were to lose money, I would be feeling so down. (And to lose so much money as this man, that is terrible).
@anniepa (27240)
I think they'd have to be able to make a positive identification of anyone before they could try to do anything to those that grabbed and kept the money! I'll say this much - it sure would be tempting to jump out of my car and start scarfing it up...lol! This reminds me of a true story involving my daughter and son-in-law. They were at a local bank's ATM machine and the armored truck was just about to pull out. Here a bag of money was laying on the ground. My son-in-law hollered out to the driver to tell him it was there or he'd have never known. We've joked about it that he should have kept his mouth shut but that would have been wrong AND they'd have him on the ATM video! Annie
@Lakota12 (42681)
well that one takes the cake dont it. dont know what they can do to the people that might keep it. But I bet if they dont find it all they people in the truck will get it deducted from thier pay check. What do you think?
• Netherlands
I would say that I would have to be nuts to give it back. I mean how often does that happen? I would definitely make some use of the situation, it's just a lucky chain of events. If police ask me I won't tell them anything. =D Think about it you can make a good use of the money, and the insurance will probably cover it all (oh, yes THEY GOT MONEY). :)
• Portugal
If i thought i could keep the money then i have to be honest (to you) i would keep it. I'm sorry but i dont think i would be willing to return it. I dont think they can do anything anything to the people that collected it. If they could they wouldnt be asking would they?
i'd like to think that i'd have a level enough of a head to steer clear of the situation entirely! even if you were trying to pick up the money to turn it in it would make you suspect to the police and i'd want nothing to do with any of it. i figure that the insurance company and or police would take care of the situation one way or another. there are times to stick your nose into a situation at your own risk to help someone, but if it involves some kind of crazy mob where money is the only matter, i'd rather just get out of Dodge before I get into trouble for something that doesn't involve me
Money really does comes from the sky sometimes then It really is funny...how do you lose $100,000 dollars? People should return the money since it's not theirs but I think no one (if I was there, I certainly wouldn't) would return the money willingly. It's money after all. The bank or whoever should be more careful so a situation like that doesn't happen. And now they are acting like the people are criminals for wanting to pick up flying money? It was their responsibility in the first place.
@drannhh (15241)
That one has the earmarks of an urban legend hoax. But there was a real story similar to that in San Diego last year where the money was thrown out the window of a moving vehicle by suspects in a narcotics case. It was marked money and police told the public to return the money because it was crime evidence. I think I would probably leave it alone because I would know it did not belong to me, but I might pull over and watch the happenings.
I'd turn it in if I had some. No, I'm not lying, I really would. Even if I didn't believe it is the right thing (which I do), my upbringing is so ingrained in me, that if I kept the money, I'd never sleep again because of guilt. Shame on my parents for making me feel guilty when I do something dishonest!
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
OPMGOSH, wouldn't that be tempting, lol. I bet what was picked up will never be returned. I don't know how they would know who got it really but w/my luck if i had done that i'd be the frist person in jail. bet the driver's of the truck are in a world of trouble. Happy wed. to u, Rob.
@dragon54u (31635)
I would first call the police then I would get out of there. I would not pick up any money, it is not mine. There are some people who normally would not pick it up but would now because of the economy. I can understand the temptation! I hope they all turn it in and suffer nothing but a guilty conscience. I'll bet that driver and guard are in for a tongue-lashing!