Oh what a morning!

@dawnald (84132)
Shingle Springs, California
This morning Dearra had to turn her science project in before school, so we needed to get out the door a little bit early. So I told everybody they needed to eat their breakfast earlier than usual. After they'd been downstairs for a few minutes, I started prodding them. Time to get up and eat, we need to leave early. After the third reminder, I told the twins to put the books down and get some breakfast. Naomi moved but Cary didn't, so I took the book away. Ohhhhhh, what an uproar. You'd think I'd killed his best friend or something. He was so loud Naomi stood there looking shocked. But they got their breakfast and ate and we got out the door early. I drove into the car line at the middle school instead of dropping Dearra off down the street a bit. She says, "mom, I don't feel so good." Oh crap, her stomach again. We had just taken her from medication twice a day to once a day and almost immediately she's feeling bad. Arrgh. So I told her, "look, you can always call me if you're still feeling bad, but right now you have to turn that science project in. Science is the grade that's suffering the most right now." So she agreed and straightened up, grabbed her stuff and walked over to the multi purpose room to turn in her project. Whew. No phone call so far. What a morning!
@ronaldinu (12445)
• Malta
This is all part of the joys and sorrows of parenthood. I am pleased at the way you handle three kids. I have one kid and I say to myself that one is more than enough. I am blessed that he is a quiet and obedient chid.But sometimes he is hard headed as any nine year old boy could be. He tries to please us a lot but sometimes he does not like to study or do his homework, like a normal nine year old would do. My son is reading Enid Blyton's series The Famous Five. I had bought the books in 1981. I was eleven years old and they helped me to improve my English language. I managed to make it to the eleven plus exams thanks to the Famous five books. I do wonder how twenty nine years have passed by..... My son is growing up fast and I am getting older...
@zed_k4 (17627)
I love Enid Blyton's series The Famous Five too.. read them a lot when I was young..
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
You guys keep mentioning Enid Blyton, guess I'm going to have to look into it. Wonder if Dearra will consider them "old books"... lol
@ronaldinu (12445)
• Malta
She is an English writer, her works are classic... My son is hooked into them right now... he is enjoying reading them like I did when I was a young boy....
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
Hope dearra is o.k. I remember those wild morning of getting off to school & me to work. Raised my sonds separately because there was 20 years difference in them but they both had alot of company so most of the time i had more than one. It was fun times & i miss the boys being here w/their friends.
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
Soon as the dosage goes down, the stomachs' bad again. Not good, I 'm thinking. Sigh...
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
I'm sorry she is having such a time w/her stomach. Do the dr.'s suggest cutting the dosage. If it's working why change it?
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
The doctor wanted her on two pills a day for a week and then one pill a day. Only we forgot to remind her, so she was taking two pills for 5 days too long. Monday we told her stop taking the 2nd pill, and today she's queasy. She's got an appointment tomorrow, so we can discuss it. Meanwhile, I think I'll have her take the 2nd pill tonight. Problem is, we're going to have insurance company issues if we keep her on two pills. grrrr
@zed_k4 (17627)
So the Science project has been handed over, that's awesome. I hope Dearra scores great marks for it. Wow, Cary seemed to have a pretty bad morning.. sometimes I get such from others in my family too.. especially in the mornings. Some of them are not morning people at all, but I understand that, because they might have something up their mind. What a morning there, but you managed it through.
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
Cary doesn't deal well with disruptions in his routine, being told no, being told he has to do something, etc. Hmmm sounds like somebody else I know.
@zed_k4 (17627)
Oh, ok..pray tell who..
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
who me? (innocent look)
@zandi458 (27952)
I see you are a very concern mother. Who isn't? It is what we all mothers are designed to be. It is amazing how much agony and conflict the subject of kids' schooling can engender. Granted, every parent wants the best for the children and education is certainly the passport to better life.
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
worry worry worry are the grown up yet? I don't know how much more of this MY stomach can take!
@zandi458 (27952)
It won't take long before they leave the nest. I am sad that I did not spend so much time with my boys when they were still under my wings. All the while I have been chasing for material gains running my business and they were left in the hands of a nanny. Now that they are already working and live in different towns, I wonder if I will ever be able to be with them again. How I wish I can reverse the time and spend some wonderful moments with them. They grow up too fast before I realize my mistake.
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
I guess they can take their time growing up. I"m mostly having fun...
@jillhill (37384)
That would be hairy! Hope the rest of the day went better.
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yeah it did!
@gabs8513 (48764)
I hope she was ok for the rest of the Day Dawn and that she is still ok
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
So far, so good. Gastro appointment tomorrow...
@Opal26 (17691)
Hey dawn! Glad to hear that at least Dearra got the science project turned in! Does sound like the stomach thing is definitely stress related. She is way too young for this! Hope it gets corrected soon! You really do have alot to deal with between the twins, Dearra the cat and the hubs! You need to really find an outlet for your own stress before yours turns "inside" too! Stay well girlfriend! Hugs, Opal
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
mine already is affecting my stomach...
@hotsummer (10376)
how old is your son or daughter anyways. it was good that he or she was able to submit the project finally despite some stomach discomfort.
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
She's 13, teenage hormones and nerves...
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
this is what they call "it's really difficult to raise a parent"
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yeah I'm practically untrainable!
As a single mother of 4 children I completely feel for you. Some mornings I am doing everything in my power to get the kids out the door on time and it never works. There are times that I end up taking them to school because they miss the bus. Homework is a nightmare most nights. While trying to cook supper and deal with a toddler, I am also helping 3 kids with homework. It gets pretty crazy sometimes. I admire you for being a strong parent and being able to keep up with the kids and keep them on track. I am glad that you were able to get them out the door early and that your daughter got her project turned in. I hope that her stomach issues are taken care of very soon and that she feels better.
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
Whoa, I think I feel for you more. At least I have their dad's help most evenings...
@sid556 (31006)
Hi dawnald, I can so relate to this. I have a 16 yr old daughter and it is such a relief when I wake up and see her up and ready to catch the bus. All too often I am running her out to the school to see that she gets there on time. she has had a lot of health issues this year and just getting her to school is a good thing. I'm worried equally about her health and her education.
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
I have the same worries...
• Marion, Kansas
Dearra sounds very anxious, almost all of the time. It probably gets worse depending on what is going on around her. I am sure her brother having an uproar did not help matters much either. She will get better mom. I hope she stayed at school all day.
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
She did stay all day...
@Wizzywig (7859)
i hope Dearra stayed well for the rest of the day at least - and that all goes well at her appointment. Even when she's grown up and left home, you will still worry for her - it's in the job description
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
She said she was feeling better by 2nd period...
Dearra sounds like a real trooper! And same with mom! I know it's hard to get the kids out the door in the morning. For me it was hard with just one from years 0-5, and now with another one I deal with getting two out the door . . . wahhhh!!! Morning time seems to be the most stressful, eh?
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
Some days are actually pretty fun. Others are really stressful!
@bounce58 (17524)
I'm a bit too late here, and I admit that I did not read all the responses, but how did the rest of the day go? No phone calls, I hope. And I hope the science project went well with no complaints. I dread the day when it's my turn to run around with science projects.
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
No phone calls. Science projects get judged today. tomorrow night there's an open house to go see them all!
@lingli_78 (12846)
glad to hear that dearra is able to turn in her science project on time... hopefully she will get better as well with her stomach problem... may be it is because of the tension of doing her project or sudden decrease in the dosage of her medicine... whatever it is, hopefully she will get better soon after having a rest... i can see that you are a very loving and caring mother here... take care and have a nice day...
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
I'm glad she was able to, but rather annoyed at what she hit me with tonight. Needed last minute photos for a Spanish project. grrrr
Well, you posted this 4 hours ago, so I presume Dearra is OK and you haven't received a phone call. It sounds as though it could be a combination of nerves and medicine change. Would the doctor consider a placebo to replace the second pill? Hope Dearra is OK - and hope you are not worrying about her.
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
I didn't get a call. I was worrying about her, then I got busy. :-)
@kainalu55 (364)
Oh what a morning! I sure hope your daughter feels better soon!
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
Me too, this has been going on for way too long!
@savypat (20247)
I think you handled that just right. Dearra seems to have stress problems and as soon as things get tight her stomach reacts. I remember this well and I know she does have a real problem there, but maybe she needs a little informaiton about how your mind controls your body. I don't remember who sat me down and talked to me about this, but once it was pointed out how much I would miss if I didn't learn how to control my body and taught a few tricks my world got much easier. But I still can't spell. You can teach her simple tapping for control. PM me and I'll tell you where to find this info if you don't already know.
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
I have the tapping info, I just have to get off my duff and check into it!
Hi dawn, Don't know how you do it, I wouldn't know where to start, I have no children but a husban who is sometimes worst then children but my goodness, you are a wonder Mom to get them all sorted, lol! Tamara
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
sometimes I don't quite manage it (insert babbling smiley here)